Make these fizzy toilet bombs to quickly freshen up your bathroom whenever needed!
I am not one of those people who despises cleaning, but I am always looking for ways to make it a quick and easy job. These days, I just don’t have the time or energy to spend scrubbing everything in my house.
These fizzy toilet bombs I made recently are making my bathroom cleaning regimen so much easier.
They’re essentially bath bombs that freshen up your toilet! I just love them, and I know you’re gonna love them too!
*This post contains affiliate links.
Fizzy Toilet Bombs
How they work is that you actually just throw one into the toilet whenever there is an unpleasant smell or you feel like your toilet could use some ‘freshening up’ (no further explanation needed!?) and they do the freshening for you! These are keeping my toilets really clean all the time!
They are super easy to make, too. You just mix everything together (full instructions can be found below) let them set, and you’re good to go.
I used heart shaped candy molds to make these because I thought it would be cute (and I think I was right!) but you can also just use a teaspoon or something to shape them. It is up to you.
I like to keep a jar of these in each bathroom! I love the lavender scent personally, but you can use any essential oil to make them smell good.
Toilet Bomb Ingredients:
Think of all the time you’ll save not having to scrub your toilets as often!
How long do these fizzy toilet bombs last?
They last 3-4 months and they should keep working as long as you keep them in a sealed container.
*I cannot guarantee how long your fizzy toilet bombs will last.
- Add baking soda to a mixing bowl and use a fork or whisk to break up clumps. Baking soda naturally cleans and eliminates odors, making it the perfect base for the fizzies. Add the citric acid (which you can find near the canning supplies at some storeand stir. The citric acid adds the fizz to these cleaners.
- In a small glass bowl, mix vinegar and hydrogen peroxide, which will work together to help clean your toilet. Now SLOWLY drop by drop, add vinegar and hydrogen peroxide to the baking soda. If you add it all at once, you'll have a big mess due to the reaction between the baking soda and citric acid!
- Now add the essential oil and gently mix. This is just for scent, so you can choose any scent you like. I used lavender.
- Use a half teaspoon to scoop the mixture into your candy molds, and press in gently with your fingers. You don't want to fill them completely full, because this will expand. Let dry for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Place the dried toilet bombs in glass jar and keep them sealed near your toilet. Make sure you label them and keep them out of reach of small children! The next time things get smelly, after flushing, drop in a fizzy toilet bomb and things will freshen up in no time.