Today’s post reminds me of my Grammy Kresge! She is such a good cook and any time we have a family party or get together she brings half the food herself, I swear! Right now she and my grandpa are serving a mission in the Philippines! We are so proud, but boy do we miss them. Anyway, she would frequently bring these chicken almond puffs to a big gathering, and they are a great, frugal way to fill a crowd! If you have never had these before, they are sort of a cheaper replacement for sandwiches. They look fancy, but don’t be intimidated! They are super easy to throw together and this recipe makes a TON.
Easy Chicken Almond Puffs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup finely diced cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In sauce pan heat butter, chicken stock and spices. When melted, add flour and stir vigorously with wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove pan from heat and add in eggs one at a time, beating with each addition (your arm will be tired :)
- Stir in chicken and almonds.
- Drop by rounded tsp onto lightly greased baking sheets (think savory cookie dough consistency.)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
We always serve these puffs alongside some yummy salads like this yummy poppyseed salad, this spinach mango salad or this yummy fruit dip!
For those of you who are interested in the behind the scenes of the blog, here is a photo of my families’ favorite part of the photo shoot! When it’s OVER! Haha. I came in to find my three loves sitting on the bed playing.. sweetest sight ever.
Have fun making these easy puffs for your next party or gathering!