Today’s post reminds me of my Grammy Kresge! She is such a good cook and any time we have a family party or get together she brings half the food herself, I swear! Right now she and my grandpa are serving a mission in the Philippines! We are so proud, but boy do we miss them. Anyway, she would frequently bring these chicken almond puffs to a big gathering, and they are a great, frugal way to fill a crowd! If you have never had these before, they are sort of a cheaper replacement for sandwiches. They look fancy, but don’t be intimidated! They are super easy to throw together and this recipe makes a TON.
Easy Chicken Almond Puffs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup finely diced cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In sauce pan heat butter, chicken stock and spices. When melted, add flour and stir vigorously with wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove pan from heat and add in eggs one at a time, beating with each addition (your arm will be tired :)
- Stir in chicken and almonds.
- Drop by rounded tsp onto lightly greased baking sheets (think savory cookie dough consistency.)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
For those of you who are interested in the behind the scenes of the blog, here is a photo of my families’ favorite part of the photo shoot! When it’s OVER! Haha. I came in to find my three loves sitting on the bed playing.. sweetest sight ever.
Have fun making these easy puffs for your next party or gathering!