The best chocolate mint brownies! Whether for Christmas, St. Patrick’s Day, or just for everyday chocolate and mint lovers, these brownies can’t be beat!
Happy Monday everybody!! Please tell me that I’m not the only one who is going to need something über delicious if I am going to survive this week! It is safe to say that the “terrible” twos have arrived at the Bailey house and we are struggling! These mint brownies though, they will make even the worst day better, and that is a promise!
These were kind of always the “special occasion” brownie at our house growing up. My mom always made these on Christmas Eve, for baby showers, for St. Patrick’s Day, or really any big party or event because they are sure to impress. I love the marriage of chocolate and mint and these chocolate mint brownies take it to a whole other level.
Suffice it to say, you will love them. The end.
Some of the things I use to make these:
Chocolate Mint Brownies Recipe:
Chocolate Mint Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup flour
- 6 TBS unsalted butter softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 3 TBS milk
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- 6 drops green food coloring optional
- 8 oz semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 6 TBS butter
- Crust: Melt one cup butter and four oz. or unsweetened chocolate together and cool. In a separate bowl, beat your eggs and sugar together until frothy. Add melted chocolate mixture, blending well. Stir in 1 tsp. Peppermint extract and flour. Spread into a greased 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min.
- Filling: Cream 6 TBS butter and powder sugar together, adding milk as needed. Add 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract, beating to a smooth consistency. Add food coloring if desired. Spread over cooled crust, and allow to set. You may want to refrigerate until firm.
- Glaze: Melt Chocolate chips with last 6 TBS butter on low heat over stove or by 30 second intervals in the microwave. Stir constantly. Cool slightly and spread or drizzle on top of frosting. Refrigerate until set. Once set you can cut them into bars, but I like to keep them refrigerated until serving. Enjoy!
Well, wish me luck on the rest of my week friends! I sure hope yours are all wonderful! Also, these last really well in the fridge for up to a week (if you can get them to last that long!)
We are brownie addicts. Here are some of our other favorite brownie recipes:
More green treat ideas: