This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Special K. All opinions are 100% mine.
Hey friends! I am so excited about today's post! Remember a little while back when I hinted on Instagram about doing some filming?! Well I finally got the finished product back and I'm so excited to share it with you guys today! Being filmed (and having my family filmed) is definitely not in my comfort zone, but it ended up being easier than I thought it would be because we love these Special K products so much! It's just natural to want to share things that you love with people you love and I really am passionate about Special K's #ownit campaign and their products. You ready for the video?!
[brid autoplay="true" video="436685" player="18343" title="Special K Lifestyle" duration="114" description="Busy Mom Owning it with Special K" uploaddate="2019-07-11 06:52:06" thumbnailurl="https://cdn.brid.tv/live/partners/14236/thumb/436685_t_1562828038.png"]
If you haven't tried any of the new Special K line yet, trust me, and do it! We literally use them every day. They are easy for a busy lifestyle, delicious, and they are super fun to incorporate into recipes (like this delicious crunchy french toast)!
The recipe is just as quick and easy as regular french toast, but the Special K Red Berries coating definitely takes them to the next level!
I first had crunchy french toast in college when I was a server at a local restaurant in Provo, Utah and I immediately fell in love with it! I always kicked myself for never getting the recipe from the cooks, so I was so happy when my amazingly talented sister in law, Lauren from Tastes Better From Scratch, developed one! We adapted her recipe slightly and that is what I'm sharing with you today!
I love to serve this recipe to guests, because it is fun and different while still being quick and easy! Then if you have any picky eaters who prefer just cereal, they can have the Special K already on hand! You ready for the easy recipe?!
Crunchy French Toast
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla in a bowl wide enough to dip your bread and stir well.
- Add Special K to a shallow dish and crush gently with the back of a measuring cup until about the size of rolled oats (see pictures for example).
- Take a slice of bread and dip it into your egg mixture, and then your crushed Special K, turning to coat both sides. Repeat for each slice.
- Melt your butter on a griddle or skillet and cook your toast for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve with warm syrup, whipped cream and fresh fruit if desired! Enjoy!
Well what do you think, will you give it a try?!