What I am about to share with you is my very favorite dessert. Seriously. I have it every single year on my birthday, since I became a mother I have it every single Mother’s Day, and anytime we are celebrating anything for me this is what I choose. Unbelievably easy ice cream cake is right… it is so simple, I die over it! Also, this recipe is a great one for when you are hosting guests, because you whip it up the night before and then the day of all you have to do is slice and serve! Just make sure there’s enough for seconds, or you’ll have a disappointed crowd ;).
Mint Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- 1 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 8 oz light whipped topping 8oz
- 36 oreos crushed, 3-4 set aside for garnish
- 0.333 cup chocolate sauce
- whipped cream for garnish
- Thaw ice cream at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Break Oreos into fourths (or smaller, if prefered) and add them to a large bowl.
- Dump softened ice cream and whipped topping into the bowl, stir until well combined.
- Add ice cream mixture into a 9x13 pan and smooth it out.
- Freeze overnight (or for at least a few hours.)
- Top with chocolate sauce, garnish with a few whole oreos, and enjoy!
I told you it was easy, didn’t I??