If you love ice cream this one’s for you! Our Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake is next level delicious. Bonus, it only takes five minutes and less than five ingredients to put together.
What I am about to share with you is my very favorite dessert. Seriously. I have it every single year on my birthday, since I became a mother I have it every single Mother’s Day, and anytime we are celebrating anything for me this is what I choose.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake
Unbelievably easy ice cream cake is right! It’s so simple, but still so delicious. Also, this recipe is a great one for when you are hosting guests, because you whip it up the night before and then the day of all you have to do is slice and serve. Just make sure there’s enough for seconds, or you’ll have a disappointed crowd ;).
Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Okay you ready to see first hand just how simple this mint chocolate chip ice cream cake is to make? Let’s do this thing.
Top Left – Gather your ingredients.
Top Right – Break Oreos into four pieces (or smaller if you prefer) and add to a large mixing bowl.
Middle Left – Add whipped cream.
Middle Right – Add melty ice cream and stir together until combined.
Bottom Left – Add ice cream mixture to a 9×13 pan and smooth out with a spoon. Freeze until solid.
Bottom Right – Garnish with cool whip and more crushed Oreos if desired.
If you make this recipe and enjoy it we’d love for you to leave us a positive comment and rating, they mean so much to us!
Mint Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- 1 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 8 oz light whipped topping 8oz
- 36 oreos crushed, 3-4 set aside for garnish
- 0.333 cup chocolate sauce
- whipped cream for garnish
- Thaw ice cream at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Break Oreos into fourths (or smaller, if prefered) and add them to a large bowl.
- Dump softened ice cream and whipped topping into the bowl, stir until well combined.
- Add ice cream mixture into a 9x13 pan and smooth it out.
- Freeze overnight (or for at least a few hours.)
- Top with chocolate sauce, garnish with a few whole oreos, and enjoy!
I told you it was easy, didn’t I??
Ah.. my mouth is watering staring at these pictures. BEST. DESSERT. EVER.
This recipe was originally published on September 15, 2014 but it has been updated with better photos and more detailed information.