How cute are these Halloween Dirt Cups?! The grey layer has a secret ingredient that makes these taste BEYOND amazing!
If you know me at all you know I love making themed food! I love any excuse for a celebration, and my favorite way to celebrate is with food! I made these adorable little dirt cups for Halloween and my kids were OBSESSED with them to say the least!
They totally don’t have to be Halloween specific though! My kids are happy to eat oreo dirt cups year round, and they can easily be made without the cute little pumpkins if they are not in season by subbing for gummy bugs or just omitting altogether!
What are dirt cups?
Most people think of dirt cups as pudding layered cookie crumbs and gummy worms. While those are yummy in and of itself, these kicked up Halloween dirt cups definitely take things to the next level!
The grey layer is pure HEAVEN, and everywhere I take them people beg me for the recipe because they are just that much better than the regular variety.
The kids had so much fun helping me come up with names and dates to put on the adorable little tombstone cookies! Of course those are totally optional too though, and can be left off if you want to make this recipe even quicker.
You ready for the fun and easy recipe?
Halloween Dirt Recipe
If you like this recipe we would love if you would leave us a comment and rating! They mean so much to us.
Easy Dirt Cups
- 1 large box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz cool whip
- black food coloring
- milano cookies
- edible black marker
- gummy worms and pumpkin candies
- Mix your pudding box with milk and and set in the fridge to set.
- Process your Oreos in a food processor and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, cool whip and cream cheese and beat until smooth. Add a few drops of black food coloring to make a grey layer.
- Set out cups and put a scoop of Oreo crumb on the bottom of each. Then add a pudding layer, then a cream cheese layer, then more Oreo crumbs on top.
- Write names and dates on your tombstone cookies and stick them in cups. Garnish cups with gummy worms and candy corn pumpkins. Enjoy!
Perfect for any Halloween party or gathering! I hope your little ones love these as much as mine did!
Shop this Post:
This table contains affiliate links.
This post was originally published on October 8th, 2018 and has been updated with more detailed text.