Make this refreshing Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake for a summer breakfast or brunch. Your family or guests will love it!
Hey there! Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box back here to share this delicious Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake recipe with you. Trust me when I say you will love this recipe. Have I ever steered you wrong before? No way. This recipe uses a cake mix as the base which is such a time saver.
It’s not light and fluffy like a cake though. It’s dense like a coffee cake should be. And you can use fresh or frozen blueberries. I used frozen because I had some in my freezer. Watch for sales and stock up. Or when fresh blueberries are on sale grab some and freeze them for later. Just make sure to use some in this coffee cake!
Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix and butter. Mix until crumbly. Set aside 1 1/4 cups of mixture for the topping.
- Add eggs and milk to the remaining crumb mixture. Beat with with a mixer on medium for two minutes.
- Spread batter in a greased 9x9 or 9x13 pan. Top with blueberries and reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 40 minutes depending on pan size. Serve.