Chocolate and pumpkin are flavors that go together so well. Put them with each other in this Chocolate Pumpkin Cake and you’ve got a great fall dessert that everyone will love!
Hey guys hey! It’s Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box here. How’s your fall so far? Are you having an actual fall? We usually go from summer to about a week or two of fall and then BOOM. Winter. The temperature feels that way anyway. It’s time for all the cozy comfy food. Like this Chocolate Pumpkin Cake.
The minute I get home it’s clothes off, warm and cozy pajamas on. I love fall and all the smells and food that go with it. From here until December only gets better that way. I live for holiday food you guys. It’s my purpose in life. I know this.
Make sure you give this cake a try. I used canned cream cheese frosting because that’s how I roll most days. You can be fancy and make your own frosting if you must. I’m not the boss of you. Just make this and faceplant into it okay? Thanks.
Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, 15 or 18 oz
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz container cream cheese frosting
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cake mix, pumpkin spice, pumpkin, eggs and oil for 2 minutes. Pour into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes until done. Cool and frost with canned or homemade cream cheese frosting. Garnish with a sprinkling of extra pumpkin spice if desired.
Be sure to check out more pumpkin recipes from Mandy’s Recipe Box: