These super easy protein balls are the perfect healthy way to curb that sweet tooth! Even my kids love them!
A few months ago I went off sugar to help me lose the baby weight. I’ve been shocked to realize that I honestly don’t miss it as much as I thought I would! That being said, I definitely have still have a sweet tooth from time to time and just need a little sweet fix! I had tried lots of energy bite or protein ball recipes in the past, and liked them all, but didn’t LOVE any. I finally decided to take matters into my own hands and I think I have crafted the PERFECT protein ball recipe!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it can be made completely sugar free, and it has a lot less honey than most protein ball recipes! I found that the trick is to cut back on honey and use So Delicious Dairy Free Organic Almondmilk from Target to help keep the balls sticking together without that overbearing honey taste! I love the flavor that it adds, and it keeps the protein in the recipe high while still being dairy free! If you have Target’s Cartwheel App (and if you don’t, you need it!) you can use it to get 20% off on So Delicious Dairy Free Almondmilk from 2/18-3/17! So it’s a perfect time to try this recipe!
I found it super easily at my Target in the fridge section by all the other milks!
I like to make this recipe in my bosch mixer, it just does most of the work for you! A regular bowl and beaters will work too though!
In order to keep mine processed sugar free, I leave the chocolate chips out of half the batch and put a little extra unsweetened coconut on the top to garnish! Then I add chocolate chips in the other half for my kids and husband (yes, my picky eater kids love these too)!
You ready for the recipe?
Super Easy Protein Balls
- 1 cup vanilla almond butter
- 1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups steel cut oats ground in blender
- 1 cup rice chex cereal crushed
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Organic Almondmilk
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips *optional
- Add all ingredients into a Bosch mixer and stir to combine. I like to blend my oats and flax seed in my blender or food processor so they have a flour like consistency before adding to the Bosch.
- When mixture is well combined, wash your hands and roll mixture into small balls. Set balls on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Refrigerate for about an hour.
I like to keep all my protein balls in a large zip lock bag in the fridge for an easy guilt-free snack on the go! You can also enjoy these babies with a yummy glass of So Delicious Dairy Free Organic Almondmilk.
I hope you love them as much as we do!
|So Delicious Organic Almondmilk||Cookie Sheets|
Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of So Delicious Dairy Free. The opinions and text are all mine.