Easy green bean casserole with canned green beans! This may be the best green bean casserole you’ll ever have!
It’s not a holiday (at least, not at our house) without this quick and easy green bean casserole! We love it at Easter, on Thanksgiving (of course) and Christmas Eve… even sometimes for a regular Sunday dinner!
When I was growing up it was tradition to have my Mom’s whole side of the family over for dinner and a celebration on Christmas Eve, and this dish went so fast we always had two whole 9×12 pans of it.. and we ate it all! Haha. It’s safe to say I think it is the very best green bean casserole recipe!
Our Latest Videos
Easy Green Bean Casserole
The ease of assembly though (literally so easy) makes it a great side dish for any meal! Although you can make this recipe with fresh green beans as well, green bean casserole with canned green beans is a bigger hit with my little ones!
Best Green Bean Casserole
- 4 cups of fresh cooked green beans or 3 cans green beans
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups french fried onions
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms optional, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt or regular
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a casserole dish (the one I use is about 9 inches square) combine green beans, soup, mushrooms, salt, pepper and half of your onions.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, then top with your remaining onions and bake five additional minutes.
How do you reheat green bean casserole?
Your leftovers can be re-heated in the oven or the microwave! If you are re-heating in the oven cover the top with foil so you don’t burn your onions and heat at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. In the microwave just put a small portion into a microwave safe bowl and heat for about one minute.
How long does green bean casserole last in the fridge?
This easy green bean casserole recipe stores well in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Can green bean casserole be frozen?
Yes! Just store in an airtight container and use within three months.
See, I told you it was easy! Any way I can get my kids to like a vegetable is a major win in my house!
You will probably love these other family favorite recipes as well: