Red Velvet Brownies are a great way to show people you love them. They are red and fudgy and delicious!
Hey party people! It’s Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box here with a simple and delicious treat that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day. Red Velvet Brownies are a sure way to tell someone you care/love/like/can tolerate. That signature red color is really just for fun. They don’t taste red unless you are one of my children and they tell you they don’t like red velvet foods. Um. Kid. It just tastes like chocolate. With red coloring. Parenting is hard sometimes, I tell you. It’s a brownie. Who cares what color it is? You eat it. I hope your kids like these more than mine. My husband love brownies any way he can get them and loved these. Most humans will love these. Unless their a weirdo.
Our Latest Videos
Red Velvet Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix plus ingredients on box 17.6 oz
- 1 box red velvet cake mix 15.25 oz
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, grease and set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare brownie mix according to package instructions.
- Spread onto the bottom of the 9x13 pan in an even layer. Set aside.
- Wash the bowl and combine red velvet cake mix, oil, egg and milk and mix until completely incorporated. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon onto brownie layer randomly and swirl very gently with a butter knife in different directions. Bake for 22-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean with a small amount of batter on it.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting into them.
If you love red velvet like we do, you will also need the recipe for the perfect red velvet cake!
Here are some Valentine’s Day recipes you might like: