Hey all! Jessica from Fantabulosity here! If you saw the quick and easy cheese tray that I shared here last month, or my bread pudding recipe over on my blog, then you know by now that I love “QUICK and easy,” when it comes to preparing food. This 3 Ingredient Blueberry Trifle is quite possibly one of the easiest dessert recipes in my mental cookbook.
It simply starts with using store-bought angel food cake, blueberries, and whipped cream. I’ll never forget how I was reprimanded, the first time I created and shared a recipe using store-bought whipped cream.
I chuckled… because she must not know me well at all. If there’s a faster way to create something in the kitchen… I’m utilizing it. I’m a mom of two little boys. There’s hardly any time for things such as, “Making your own whipped cream,” and “Washing dishes.” So if they sell it in a can at the store, I’m more than likely going to be a great customer.
So for all of you others out there that love “quick and easy,” then have no fear! Store bought ingredients are here! :) But for those of you who like to, and have the time to, make everything from scratch… I salute you! You’re more than welcome to create this 3 Ingredient Blueberry Trifle recipe from scratch! I bet it will be delish!
- Angel Food Cake Loaf
- Whipped Cream
- Prepare RIGHT before serving, or cream will settle.
- Simply cut the angel food cake in to cubes
- In a trifle bowl, add angel food cubes until bottom is evenly covered.
- Add a layer of whipped cream
- Sprinkle blueberries over whipped cream.
- Add another layer of cubed angel food cake, whipped cream, and blueberries.
- Repeat until ingredients are all used, or you've reached the top of the trifle bowl.
- I like to fill it, allowing it to "heap," to add an extra "fancy," factor.
I hope you enjoy this quick blueberry trifle recipe. Its definitely one of my favorites, and I couldn’t wait to share it with you!