*This recipe was originally posted in January 2013. (Some recipes are so good they need a revival!)
Bacon-Wrapped Potatoes with Dill Sauce
- 8 Red Potatoes
- 4 Bacon Sliced in Half
- 3/4 Cup Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Dill
- 1 Teaspoon Caraway Seeds
- Salt & Pepper
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, dill, caraway seeds, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Let chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors really come together.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel potatoes.
- Halve or quarter bigger potatoes. You can leave the small ones whole.
- Boil 1 quart of water with salt. Add potatoes and turn heat to low, let simmer for 12 minutes. Drain.
- Put potatoes on a greased baking sheet, sprinkle some salt on top of them.
- Wrap each potato with half a piece of bacon, with the two ends meeting underneath the potato.
- Bake potatoes for about 25 minutes, until bacon is crispy!
I am thinking of serving these babies at Thanksgiving this year. I think it would complement the turkey dinner quite nicely!
Our Latest Videos
Serve potatoes with dill sauce and ENJOY! Do me a favor and make these tonight you guys. They are truly incredible. I can’t say enough good things about them!
Recipe adapted from Real Simple.