Bacon Wrapped Potatoes are amazing on their own, but you should try them with this creamy dill sauce! This easy potato recipe is always a crowd-pleaser!
Bacon Wrapped Potatoes
- New Potatoes
Dill Sauce Ingredients
- Caraway Seeds
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Boil water with 1 tsp salt and add new potatoes to boiling water.
Turn heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain.
Wrap each potato in 1/3 piece of bacon.
Put bacon-wrapped potatoes onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake potatoes at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
While potatoes are in boiling water, mix the mayonnaise, buttermilk, dill, caraway seeds, salt and pepper together.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Serve potatoes with dill sauce and ENJOY! Do me a favor and make these tonight you guys. They are truly incredible. I can’t say enough good things about them!
Cut bacon in thirds with kitchen scissors.
Wrap bacon around potatoes making sure the pieces of bacon overlap on under the potato.
If you try this recipe we’d love if you’d leave a comment and positive review! They mean so much to us!
Bacon Wrapped Potatoes with Dill Sauce
- 20 small New Potatoes or 10 medium
- 4 slices Bacon
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/8 Cup Buttermilk
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Dill
- ½ Teaspoon Caraway Seeds
- Salt & Pepper
- Whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, dill, caraway seeds, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Let chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors come together.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash potatoes.
- Boil 1 quart of water with 1 tsp. salt. Add potatoes and turn heat to low, let simmer for 12 minutes. Drain.
- Put potatoes on a greased baking sheet.
- Wrap each potato with ⅓ piece of bacon, with the two ends meeting underneath the potato.
- Bake potatoes for about 25 minutes, or until bacon is crispy!
- Serve as a side dish or as an appetizer with toothpicks.
Recipe adapted from Real Simple.
This recipe was originally published in October 2013 and has been updated with new photos and more detailed information.