This Cafe Rio Chicken recipe is our favorite crockpot shredded chicken for tacos, or any Mexican-inspired meal! It's delicious and SO easy to make!
There is a restaurant called Cafe Rio that we love. It is wildly popular - everything they make is amazing! We could eat it every day - which is why I have worked so hard to perfect their copycat recipes. It saves us a lot of money to be able to make our favorite restaurant dishes at home!
Cafe Rio Chicken is super easy to make. You just dump all of the ingredients in the crockpot and then shred it when it's done!
If you make this, consider making our Chuy's Jalapeño Ranch, Copycat Cafe Rio Pork, Easy Taco Soup, and Cilantro Lime Rice to go along with it. Or make our delicious and easy Tres Leches Cake for dessert. Check all of our Mexican food recipes here.
*This post contains affiliate links.
These Crockpot Shredded Chicken tacos are so good, it's one of the dishes I make when I have company over! It's great for feeding a crowd and people always ask for the recipe. The shredded chicken is delicious in tacos, salads, enchiladas, nachos, burritos or even just over rice. You honestly can't go wrong.
What you need to make this:
- Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Liners (optional)
- Chicken Breasts
- Zesty Italian Dressing Packet
- Ranch Dressing Packet
- Chili Powder
How to Make Cafe Rio Chicken
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. They can be frozen or thawed.
- Pour contents of Italian dressing and Ranch dressing packets over the chicken breasts.
- Add minced garlic, cumin, chili powder and water to slow cooker.
- Turn on slow cooker on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. (I prefer to cook it on high for 3 hours.)
Remove chicken from slow cooker and put it into a medium bowl. Shred with forks.
Pour some of the liquid from the pot into the bowl to keep the chicken moist.
If you make this recipe, please leave us a comment and positive review. They mean a lot to us!
Cafe Rio Chicken
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour all other ingredients over the top of chicken and cook in the slow cooker on high for 3 hours or low 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with forks. Pour some of the liquid from the crockpot into the bowl to keep the chicken moist.
I hope you love it as much as we do!