Taco soup is a staple at our house! Any meal that can be thrown together in five minutes, pleases everyone and is healthy to boot is an automatic win in my book!
One of my favorite family recipes of all time (especially when I’m trying to eat healthy) is this yummy taco soup! I got it from a friend shortly after I got married (almost ten years ago) and it has been a favorite ever since! Any recipe that can be thrown together in literally five minutes, is filling, delicious, and good for me is an automatic win in my book!
I love to make a big batch for dinner on Sunday or Monday and then eat it for lunches throughout the week! The kids and husband can add chips and cheese and yummy toppings, and when I am trying to be healthy I will usually add a big scoop of plain greek yogurt and maybe crumple up a chip or two! Either way it is super satisfying and delicious!
It’s one of those recipes where you can use whatever toppings you have on hand, and you can also substitute different kinds of beans or veggies if you need to! Also, I have started buying pre chopped frozen onions at the grocery store and they are AMAZING! Seriously such a time saver and I think they still have a great flavor! I’ve been using them in soooo many recipes lately.
You ready for the recipe?!
Easy Taco Soup
- 1 lb ground hamburger
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can corn
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes *not drained, this makes the base of your soup!
- salt and pepper to taste
- chips, cheese, sour cream, guacamole *optional, to garnish
- Start by cooking your hamburger and onions together.
- After hamburger is cooked, add cans and taco seasoning packet. Mix well. Turn down heat to low and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve with chips, sour cream, guacamole, cheese or whatever your favorite toppings are and enjoy!
I hope you love it as much as we do!