Chex Scotcheroos are a delicious twist on original Scotcharoos! This is a no-bake dessert that is loved by all who taste it!
Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box here! We finally have warm weather that makes me want to dive into a pool. And with the warm weather comes hot kitchens where no woman wants to spend her days with an oven adding extra heat to the house. No bake desserts are the best thing since sliced bread. Treats without heat. There’s a catch phrase for you. I’ve made these with Rice Krispie cereal but this is just another tasty way to make them.
Ingredients for Chex Scotcharoos:
- Chex cereal
- light corn syrup
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips
- creamy peanut butter
Are you looking through your baking cupboard to see if you have it all? Haha. I like to keep these chex scotcheroos in the fridge during the summer so the chocolate doesn’t melt. They are always a hit anywhere they are served. And they are soooo addicting so beware. I try to only make these when I have people to share them with outside my home. Otherwise I can do some serious damage to these things.
Check out these other no-bake treats:
- 6 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Butter a large bowl and measure out 6 cups of Chex cereal. Set aside. Butter a 9x13 dish and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, stir the corn syrup and sugar over medium heat. Once boiling, immediately remove from heat and stir in 1½ cups of peanut butter, creamy or crunchy. Pour over cereal and stir together until cereal is completely coated. Pour cereal into the 9x13 dish and press with your hands to even out. It's easier than using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Using a microwave safe dish or a double boiler, melt together chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, ½ cup of creamy peanut butter and vanilla. If microwaving, heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Once smooth, spread over the cereal.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature or place in the fridge.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
Are you making them yet, or what?! I hope you love them as much as I do! Here are some other tasty no bake treats from Mandy’s Recipe Box: