Chocolate Banana Bread is delicious, rich and easy to make! Mix this batter up in just a few minutes, you’ll be glad you did!
This Chocolate Banana Bread is amazing. It’s delicious and comforting and just the kind of thing we needed this week! It’s one of our favorite recipes to make with brown bananas. If you have some brown bananas to use up, consider our Easy Banana Cake with Vanilla Glaze, Pumpkin Banana Bread, or Banana Coconut Muffins! You can also browse our Dessert page.
Is it breakfast? Dessert? A snack? All of the above. We couldn’t get enough of this rich, chocolate bread.
Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
If you like more traditional homemade bread try this amazing rustic French bread!
*This post contains affiliate links.
- Cake Mix
- Chocolate Chips
You’ll also need a mixing bowl, loaf pan, cooking spray, and parchment paper (optional.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mash 3 ripe bananas in a medium mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until batter is smooth.
Prepare a loaf pan with cooking spray and if you want to, line it with parchment paper.
Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- It might take you more time (or less) to cook the banana bread all the way through.
- All ovens vary, and the altitude at which you are baking is a factor as well.
- Let bread cool for 10 minutes before removing the it from the loaf pan.
Slice and serve! I love it warm, but it’s good at any temp!
Chocolate Banana Bread can be stored at room temperature for 3-5 days. It also freezes well!
If you make this, please leave us a comment and positive review! They mean a lot!
Chocolate Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with foil and then spray.
- Mash bananas in a medium mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl.
- Mix together until smooth.
- Prepare loaf ban with cooking spray. [Optional: line it with parchment paper.]
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake 50 minutes* or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before taking out of the pan.
- Slice and serve.
Recipe originally shared by Mandy at Mandy’s Recipe Box.
Check out these other quick bread recipes from Mandy:
Hope you love this one as much as we do!