This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Popcorn is one of our favorite Valentines Day dessert recipes. This sweet and salty, chocolate and strawberry perfection is perfect for a movie night or romantic night in!
*This post contains affiliate links.
Sometimes, you just need chocolate.
That is exactly how I felt a few weekends ago. I needed chocolate, rich dark chocolate, and lots of it. I scoured the cabinets to see what sort of chocolate concoction I could come up with. While I stared into my cabinets I saw a bag of popcorn and a bag of freeze dried strawberries.
Chocolate Strawberry Covered Popcorn? Could that work? I wasn’t sure, but I was totally willing to experiment and find out! I popped the popcorn. Tossed a handful of the freeze dried strawberries in a blender and melted some chocolate. The result is a salty-sweet-fruity-chocolate bit of heaven!
Valentines Day Dessert Recipe
This delicious popcorn reminds me so much of the classic chocolate covered strawberries we always have for Valentine’s Day! We love this popcorn so much that now it has been one of our go-toValentine’s Day dessert recipes along with this Raspberry Chocolate Cake or Red Velvet Cake.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberry Popcorn
- bag of salty microwave popcorn (I use Orville Redenbacher)
- freeze dried strawberries
- dark chocolate chips
1. Pop popcorn according to package directions. When popcorn has finished popping, melt butter and toss popcorn in the butter. Distribute it as evenly as you can.
2. Use a food processor to blend 1-2 tablespoons of the dried strawberries. Sprinkle the strawberry dust over the popcorn.
3. Spread popcorn out on a sheet of wax paper, sprinkle the remaining strawberries over the popcorn.
4. Melt chocolate according to package directions. Drizzle over popcorn. Let it cool and if you have any leftovers, store them in an air-tight container.
So, isn’t this the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert recipe? We love that it isn’t too heavy! Also, MSN called this ‘your new Netflix and Chill snack.‘ – haha!
If you like this recipe, we’d love for you to leave a comment and positive review! They mean so much to us!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Popcorn
- food processor
- 1 bag microwave popcorn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. When popcorn has finished popping, melt butter and toss popcorn in the butter, distribute it as evenly as you can.
- Using a food processor blend 1-2 tablespoons of the dried strawberries. Sprinkle the strawberry dust over the popcorn.
- Spread popcorn out on a sheet of wax paper, sprinkle the remaining strawberries over the popcorn.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. Drizzle over popcorn.
- Let cool and store in an air tight container.
Recipe shared by Annie from Maebells.
This recipe was originally published in March 2015 and has been updated with a printable recipe and more detailed information.