Let’s talk gingerbread. And I don’t mean for a little candy covered house. I mean gingerbread that is so soft and gooey it could never be structurally sound enough for anything. Gingerbread that is so full of ginger, nostalgia and ALL THE CHRISTMAS SPICES. THAT gingerbread. I love taking a classic flavor or recipe and trying it in something new! Turns out there are SO many things you can do with this classic flavor combo, way more than just cover it in candy and icing only to throw away 2 weeks after Christmas is over after it’s hardened into a little cement block. (I don’t really love gingerbread houses, can you tell?) Get scrolling and have a look at some of the cool things you can do.
I know, we have to start with the cookies right? I mean it’s gingerbread! And there are so many great cookie recipes out there!! These are only some of the possibilities and really, what’s more festive than a soft gingerbread cookie?
Our Latest Videos
- We’ll start with something we all know and love. A classic soft, chewy Gingerbread Cookie Recipe. These cookies from Nerdy Mamma will not only taste delicious, but they also keep their shape super well, so if you are in a decorating mood, this recipe is the one to go with.
- Our Soft & Chewy Ginger Snaps are perfect and easy to make! You will love them.
- Lauren at Tastes Better from Scratch knows how to make a perfect Gingerbread house and her tutorial is amazing, step-by-step perfection!
- You know we gotta throw some chocolate in here. These Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies from Simply Recipes look so soft and delicious, and a great way to bring together some great Christmas flavors that everyone is gonna love.
- A good crinkle cookie makes everyone happy. These Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies from If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen look so gorgeous and like everything you want a gingerbread cookie to be.
- Did you know Gingerbread and Lemon are like a classic pairing? I guess lemon and ginger go well together, and I can imagine a spark of lemon would be great to cut through all those rich gingerbread flavors. These Gingerbread Whoopie Pies from Saving Room for Dessert have a lemon cream cheese filling, and I’m dying to try it.
- Do you know the difference between macaroons and macarons? Cause they’re not the same. They’re both delicious, but macarons can be really difficult to make and get right, and are those cute little sandwich things that come in every flavor and color you can imagine. MacaroOns are coconut based, and are a bit simpler, but still so yummy. These Gingerbread Macarons look so gorg, I can’t wait to try this recipe from Spoonful of Flavor.
- I love cookie bars, they’re just as delicious as cookies but you get to skip a few steps. And the glaze on these Soft Glazed Gingerbread Bars from Chocolate with Grace make them still look so fancy.
Gingerbread Cake Recipes
The most natural extension of that classic gingerbread spice mix, is in a warm and delicious cake. A really soft, thick, moist, amazing cake. You gotta see some of these. I had no idea how versatile these flavors are!
- What does a pineapple upside down cake look like in winter? Probably like this Upside-Down Pear Gingerbread Cake. Apparently pear is another classic pairing for gingerbread and it sounds so lovely! This recipe is from Taste of Home.
- You HAVE to include a Gingerbread Roll recipe. Cream cheese just goes so well with all those rich spicy flavors, and roll cakes look so pretty, but are so easy to master. I love the look of this recipe from Recipe Girl.
- One of the best kinds of cake, is a cheesecake. Gingerbread Cheesecake This from Tastes of Lizzy T looks so delish and festive. It’s a great way to indulge in those yummy flavors.
- I love a good poke cake, and I can’t wait to try this White Chocolate Gingerbread Poke Cake from Julie’s Eats and Treats.
- Cup Cakes are considered cakes right? Well I had to put these gorgeous Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting somewhere on this list, because this recipe from Creme De La Crumb looks absolutely amazing.
- Am I Basic if I want pumpkin season to last all year long? That’s probably a bit much, but we can extend it a few more months at least. This Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle from Delightful Mom Food looks like the perfect way to blend those two flavor schemes.
- Cobbler has always, and will always treat me right. I usually think of cobbler as a summer thing, but this Gingerbread Cobbler from Mac and Molly looks so warm and cozy. I can’t wait to try it.
More Delicious Gingerbread Treats
There are SO MANY things you can do with gingerbread. It’s kinda insane. But girl, we are not complaining. These fun treats are look so unique and fun to take to your next Christmas party or spread around your neighborhood.
- The good thing about a good combo of spices, is you can put it on pretty much anything. This Gingerbread Popcorn Recipe from Tauni Everett looks like it would be the perfect Christmas movie snack. Now we just need a super cheesy movie to go with it.
- Guys. Gingerbread. Waffles. I need these in my life! They look so amazing and would be a great on Christmas morning, or on any morning really. I can’t wait to try this one from Real Life Dinner.
- These Gingerbread Blondies look amazing. Dessert for Two has created this adorable recipe with a lemon glaze, and they look so pretty.
- This Gingerbread Cream Pie from Lauren’s Latest not only looks divine, but it takes about 10 minutes to put together. She’s almost too good to be true.
- If you want to get real fancy with it, get your kitchen ready for these Gingerbread Soufflés with Butterscotch Sauce from Two Cups of Flour. Soufflés can be a bit intimidating, but trust me. Once you get there, it is so worth the extra effort.
- Christmas is such a good time for little bite size treats. Small and quick to make, and easy to spread around to everyone in your neighborhood, or the next potluck you have to go to, or whatever else it might be. These Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites from a few shortcuts look so easy and delicious. No one can really pass up a cheesecake bite, lets be real.
- Ok, if bitesized is not the ultimate party treat, DIP IS. This Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip from Food Folks and Fun looks absolutely amazing and the dipping possibilities are just endless.