You will not believe this healthy veggie dip, made with yogurt! It's so delicious but really low in calories - perfect for afternoon snacks or any party or occasion.
*This post contains affiliate links.
Healthy Dip for Veggies
I'm so excited to share this yogurt veggie dip with you guys today because it is chock full of healthy things. It's made with plain yogurt, spinach, carrots, and onions and comes out to under 50 calories per serving!
How many of us can really say we're getting a serving of veggies when we eat chips and dip?
Well, you can with this recipe. I've been making this one about twice a week... it's our new favorite thing.
I love spinach dip but I know a lot of them are pretty junky so I felt like I needed to try a few things to lighten up the classic spinach dip and the best way to do it is to decrease the fat and increase the veggies.
So that's exactly what I did. With onion, garlic and carrot sautéed together though, flavor is not lacking AT ALL! It's super delicious.
Yogurt Veggie Dip Ingredients:
- Olive Oil
- Plain Yogurt
How to Make Healthy Vegetable Dip
- Chop carrots and onion into very small pieces (I like to use a food processor for this.)
- Chop baby spinach and sauté in a non-stick pan until wilted. (Photo 1)
- Remove spinach from pan and use paper towels to squeeze out extra moisture. Place it in a small mixing bowl.
- To the same pan, add olive oil, garlic, onion and carrots and sauté until onions are translucent. (Photo 2)
- Add carrot and onion mixture to the bowl with spinach and mix well. Allow to cool for 10 minutes or so.
6. Add yogurt, mayonnaise and salt and mix well. Now you can dig in!
Tips for making Healthy Dips for Veggies
- Use Greek yogurt as a base for your dip instead of sour cream or mayonnaise. Greek yogurt is high in protein and lower in calories and fat.
- Avocado is a heart-healthy fat and contains beneficial nutrients. Mash it and mix with Greek yogurt for creaminess.
- Flavor your dip with fresh herbs and spices instead of relying on salt or high-fat ingredients for taste. Try adding chopped dill, parsley, chives, garlic, onion powder, or smoked paprika for extra flavor.
What to Serve with Healthy Veggie Dip
This is totally going to be on our menu for big game days... we all know the appetizer table could use some lighter fare! Speaking of which, make sure to check out our appetizers page for more delicious recipes.
I like to pair this dip with carrots, multigrain tortilla chips or pita chips. You could also try it with pretzels, crackers, or more fresh vegetables.
How to store Yogurt Dip for Veggies
- Keep dip in a sealed, airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator promptly after making or serving the dip.
- Enjoy the yogurt dip within 3-5 days.
If you like this recipe we would love if you took the time to leave a comment and positive review!
Yogurt Dip for Veggies
- Frying pan
- Chop baby spinach and sauté over medium heat until wilted. Squeeze liquid out, then place in a small mixing bowl.
- Swirl olive oil in the same pan, add onion, minced garlic and carrot. Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add that to the bowl with spinach and allow to cool. Add yogurt, mayo and salt. Stir well to mix and serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or baby carrots!
This recipe was originally published in January 2018 and has been updated with new photos and more detailed information.