Hot Pepper Jelly makes a wonderful gift for friends or neighbors! Whip up some of these cute pepper jelly jar labels using a Cricut machine and you are good to go.
Thanks to Cricut for sponsoring this post! All thoughts and opinions are 100% our own.
Making and giving homemade gifts is one of my absolute favorite things to do with my time. Homemade gifts are some of my favorite ones to receive as well.
Lately though I seem to be so busy around the holidays it doesn’t always happen, so I made a goal for myself to make some gifts early so I had them ready to go come December! Enter, these cute hot pepper jelly labels!
Pepper jelly is so tasty and fun to give or receive! Once the jars are processed they can sit on a shelf for up to a year and a half, so these will be perfect to gift away this December!
Pepper Jelly Labels
I used my Cricut Joy to make these cute labels, and it was so fun and easy! Find the step by step tutorial below.
What you need:
- Cricut Joy or Other Machine
- Sticker Cardstock
- Joy Compatible Pen Set
- Jars of Pepper Jelly
- Ribbon to Tie on Jars if Desired
Top Left – Open up the Pepper Jelly Labels in Cricut Design Space here.
Top Right – Click “make it” and you should be brought to this screen.
Bottom Left – Set your base material as “sticker cardstock.”
Bottom Right – Make sure the correct material size is entered and load your cardstock into the Cricut Joy.
Top Left – Make sure the correct color of pen is loaded in your machine and press go.
Top Right – Sub out pens and blades when instructed. After the labels are written and cut push to unload.
Bottom Left – Repeat process until you have as many labels as you’d like.
Bottom Right – Peel your labels from backing and apply directly to finished jars.
Aren’t they darling? I love how they turned out! Below is my recipe for how to make and can hot pepper jelly, or you can find the full step by step tutorial recipe post on our blog here.
Hot Pepper Jelly Recipe
If you make this recipe and enjoy it we’d love for you to leave us a positive comment or review!
- Water Bath Canner, Optional
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Jalapeno Peppers Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1.75 oz. Package Powdered Pectin
- 5 Cups Sugar
- 6 8 oz. Jars Cleaned (Lids must be new if canning.)
- Finely chop all your peppers and place them in a saucepan over medium high heat. Sitr in vinegar and pectin. Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly.
- Once boiling, add in sugar and stir to combine. Continue stirring as mixture returns to a rolling boil. Boil for one minute and remove from heat.
- Use a funnel if you have one to pour jelly into sterile jars. Be sure to leave at least a fingers width of room at the top of jars for expansion. Cover with lids and screw bands on. If canning, the lids must be new, never used.
- Freezer Hot Pepper Jam: If freezing, let jars cool to room temperature and store in the freezer for up to six months. When ready to use thaw in the fridge or in a warm water bath.
- To Can Hot Pepper Jam: Heat water in a water bath or steam bath canner according to manufacturers instructions. Place jars on rack, and cover with lid. Bring water to a boil and begin process timing according to manufacturers directions.
Canning can seem daunting, but like using a Cricut machine it is so much easier than it looks!
Ready to make your holiday gifts early?