Make this DIY modern wreath with succulents in an hour or two with a few simple supplies!
Hey you guys!! You probably already know about my “problem” by now but if not… Hi, I’m Sarah, and I’m addicted to stripes. I am also really into making wreaths lately… I’ve made two in the past week and I’m still basically exploding with wreath ideas.
Anyway — today I’m sharing how to make this super easy modern wreath with succulents and embroidery hoops. Of course, it is striped because it has to match all my clothes and things in my house! Haha. I found these cute faux succulents in Michaels’ floral market for just a few bucks each, and the idea for this was born.
How to Make this Modern Wreath
- Foam board
- 14″ embroidery hoop
- 9″ embroidery hoop
- 1/2 yard fabric of choice
- Mod podge
- Glue gun
- Faux Succulents
- Floral shears
- White pen or pencil
- Fabric Scissors
- Craft Knife
- Lay out hoops on top of foam board (or cork board) and trace around the outside edges of the hoops with white pen/pencil.
- Cut ring out of foam board.
- Repeat same steps with fabric.
- Use mod podge to adhere fabric to your foam board.
- Hot glue hoops to the edges of fabric/board.
- Hot glue succulents onto the bottom right section of your wreath.
How to Trim the Edges of the Embroidery Hoop Wreath
You will probably have to trim around the edges. I used a craft knife like this one, and fabric scissors to trim the sides.
See though, it’s really easy. You can totally make this modern wreath at nap time while you watch Netflix!
I really love the embroidery hoops as wreath edges, too. It gives this such a clean modern feel compared to using a normal wreath form, don’t you think? Plus, it has the built-in hole at the top that perfectly fits with a push pin! (The more you know.)
Check out these DIY wreath ideas too:
You can see all of our other wreath ideas HERE.