You guys know that I am a popcorn fanatic, right? I may or may not eat it every day. (I do.) So sometimes when I want a treat I just give my regular popcorn a fancy makeover. Drizzle it with some melty white chocolate and it's game over. I can't stop. So, remember my pineapple themed party? Well I was trying to come up with a creative snack for it when the idea for Piña Colada Popcorn hit me! This is the perfect treat for summer, you don't have to fire up your oven and it can be ready in just a few minutes!
Piña Colada Popcorn Recipe
- 1 batch air popped popcorn
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1.5 cups dried pineapple chunks
- 1.5 cups white chocolate chips
- Spread popped popcorn across a cookie sheet so that there is only one layer. Use two cookie sheets if you need to. Finely chop dried pineapple chunks and set aside with the coconut flakes. (Make sure they are within grabbing distance, you will need to work fast once your white chocolate is ready.)
- Place half a cup of white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and have a spoon handy. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until white chocolate is melty. For me this took three times, but it will be different based on the heat of your microwave. Once your white chocolate is melted, drizzle it across a section of your popcorn liberally and quickly sprinkle the coconut flakes and dried pineapple on top before it cools. Repeat this until you are out of white chocolate and your popcorn is all covered in melty piña colada goodness. Let cool and enjoy!
It turned out SO good that it has become a favorite in my household! It's kind of dangerous how quick and simple it is to make.
If you're a piña colada fan you're going to love this treat! The pineapple and coconut flavors go so well with white chocolate popcorn.