Today’s recipe is a total classic. There is just nothing tastier than a good seven layer dip, and this my friends is the best seven layer dip there is! Whether it is for tailgating, a party, or just for dinner (please tell me we aren’t the only ones who eat this for dinner on occasion!) this quick and easy appetizer can’t be beat. It uses one pan, doesn’t have to cool or bake, and takes a maximum of 10 minutes to pull together! Plus, it is made up of mostly items you will already have on hand, making it affordable as well! If you have never tried your hand at this dish before, do it! I can promise you’ll be glad you did.
Classic Seven Layer Dip
- 1 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 oz taco sauce I use La Victoria brand, mild
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese mexican blend
- 4 green onions
- Spread refried beans evenly over the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Spread sour cream evenly over bean layer.
- Dice tomatoes into small pieces. Spread taco sauce over sour cream layer and sprinkle with chopped tomatoes.
- Chop avocados into small pieces and layer over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle olives over avocado layer.
- Sprinkle cheese and chopped green onions over the top of the olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Well there you have it folks! I’ve said it once and I”ll say it again, you just cannot beat the combination of easy and delicious!