Oh my goodness do I have a treat for you today. Literally, a treat. Have you ever had monkey bread? I tried it for the first time a few thanksgivings ago and now it is our go-to for a special occasion breakfast. This monkey bread recipe is also so easy and only requires 5 ingredients! It’s the best! Let’s just get right down to the good stuff.
The five simple ingredients are: canned homestyle biscuits (but not the flaky kind! just regular homestyle biscuits) sugar, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Let’s just get it out of the way. This bread is not low-cal. Absolutely not. It’s an indulgence! You’ll also need a bundt pan to cook this in!
Our Latest Videos
5-Ingredient Monkey Bread
- bundt pan
- 3 cans buttermilk biscuits - not the flaky kind just regular
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 sticks of butter 1 cup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- preheat oven to 350
- cut every biscuit into four quarters
- put the white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag, mix well
- drop the biscuit pieces into the cinnamon sugar mixture and SHAKE! this will ensure they are thoroughly covered
- pour the biscuit nuggets into the bundt pan
- melt butter and brown sugar over medium-high heat, when they're melted well, pour mixture evenly into the bundt pan
- bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked and it is a (golden brown color like the photos)
- allow to cool for 15 minutes before turning over onto a plate
Doesn’t it look amazing? Let’s all just take a minute to admire the gooey goodness.
Some people add pecans to theirs. I like it that way too, but some of my family doesn’t prefer nuts so I left them out this time. Besides, 6-ingredient monkey bread doesn’t sound as catchy…
I know there are a bunch of different names for this. My sister-in-law calls it coffee caramel ring. Do you know another name for it? Whatever you call it, it’s delicious and you should put it on the menu for your next special occasion!