Monkey Bread needs to be on your menu ASAP. This warm, caramel pecan breakfast bread is always a crowd-pleaser!
Oh my goodness do I have a treat for you today. Literally, a treat. Have you ever had Monkey Bread? It’s a gooey Caramel pull-apart bread. You can make it with chopped pecans, or without. We love it both ways!
I know there are a bunch of different names for this. My sister-in-law calls it Coffee Caramel Ring. Do you know another name for it? Whatever you call it, it’s delicious and you should put it on the menu for your next special occasion! For special breakfasts we also like to make the World’s Best Breakfast Casserole and German Pancakes.
Let’s just get it out of the way. Monkey Bread is not low-cal. Absolutely not. It’s an indulgence.
How to Make Monkey Bread
- Canned Biscuits (I use Pillsbury)
- Brown sugar
- Pecans (optional)
Ideally, you will cook this in a bundt pan!
You can make Monkey Bread without a Bundt Pan
Don’t have one? That’s okay. You can bake it in a small baking dish like an 8×8, 9×9, a bread pan or even a muffin tin.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Take 1-2 tablespoons of the melted butter and brush it all over the inside of a bundt pan.
- Add brown sugar, chopped pecans and water to the saucepan of melted butter.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Let boil for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently Remove from heat.
Cut each biscuit in half. Roll each half into a ball.
- Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons of chopped pecans into the bottom of buttered bundt pan.
- Put half of the rolled biscuits into the pan.
- Pour half of the caramel mixture over the biscuits.
- Add the rest of the biscuits and then pour the rest of the caramel over that.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes – until golden brown.
Invert the monkey bread onto wax paper immediately, and serve it while it’s warm!
Doesn’t it look amazing? Let’s all just take a minute to admire the gooey goodness. Below is what the bread looks like without pecans. It’s great both ways!
If you try this Monkey Bread recipe, we’d love it if you leave us a comment and positive review! They mean a lot to us!
- bundt pan
- 2 cans buttermilk biscuits 10 oz. cans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 Tbsp water
- ½ cup pecans chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Coat bottom and sides of bundt pan with 1-2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Add remaining nuts, brown sugar and water to melted butter. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of the nuts over bottom of prepared pan.
- Separate dough into 20 biscuits; cut each biscuit in half and shape into a ball. Place half of the biscuits on bottom of prepared pan.
- Drizzle half of the caramel sauce over biscuits. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Invert pan onto wax paper immediately.
- Serve immediately.
You can make Monkey Bread without a Bundt PanDon't have one? That's okay. You can bake it in a small baking dish like an 8x8, 9x9, a bread pan or even a muffin tin.