Chicken Scallopini sounds fancy and complicated but it’s not. That can be our little secret!
Hey guys, it’s Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box. I am here with a completely delicious dinner recipe that will save your butts at dinner time. It’s called Chicken Scallopini and it’s so easy to make that you will add it to your dinner rotation, I promise. It is one of those recipes where you always have the ingredients on hand and can make it any time you need a go-to easy recipe. Don’t let the name fool you. It’s sounds fancy shmancy but it’s so not. I love using angel hair pasta in this but you can use regular spaghetti if you want. It’s your life.
- 1 packet Brown Gravy Mix
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt/pepper to taste
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 medium onion sliced into thin strings
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ package thin spaghetti 1 lb.
- Dissolve gravy into one cup of cold water and set aside.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Sprinkle lightly with salt/pepper and coat in flour.
- Place the oil and onion strings in a large, deep skillet and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato sauce and broth to the same skillet and stir in the gravy.
- Cook over medium-low for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta according to package instructions and serve with Scallopini sauce.
You may also like these recipes: