There are so many good things about the weather getting colder, and one of the BEST is that we get to eat soup again! Soup is can invite so many awesome flavors and ingredients. Plus, you can get fancy with it if you want, or go with easy 20-minute recipes. There are freezer soup recipes, slow cooker recipes, I mean soup is probably one of the most versatile food groups. (Yes, it IS a food group, and I’ll fight you about it.) This is a collection of some of the best soup recipes out there, have a gander and add some of these to your meal plan.
You will also love our easy Slow Cooker Gumbo recipe!
Soup Recipes with Ground Beef
- We will all agree lasagna is delicious, but sooo time consuming. So instead, this Lasagna Soup is the best way to get that lasagna experience without all the work.
- Chili is a soup right? It’s hot and delish and you eat it with a spoon so I’m going to say yes. This Slow Cooker Chili is everything you want a chili recipe to be and more.
- When the weather gets colder and you’d rather be on the beach eating tacos, but things like life get in the way, the next best thing is this Taco Soup Recipe. Warm and delicious with all those flavors you can’t let go of, and incredibly easy.
- The Pioneer Woman’s Hamburger Soup is famous, for good reason. It’s delicious.
- This Beefy Tomato Soup recipe from Mantitlement sounds like a good idea on a cold day! Hearty and so good!
Soup Recipes with Chicken
- You just can’t really beat a good Chicken Noodle Soup on a chilly night, especially if the turn of season brings a cold to your family.
- If you want to amp up that chicken soup recipe a bit, try this Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. So delish, and less than an hour to make.
- I love this Corn Tortilla Soup from How Sweet Eats, it’s one of our family favorites!
- This easy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Averie Cooks is great and can be made in 30 minutes!
- A twist on a classic – this Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup from Lil’ Luna just looks divine!
Other Classic Soup Recipes
- If when you hear “French Onion Soup” the little powder packet comes to your mind first, do yourself a favor and experience the real thing. This Best French Onion Soup recipe from Good Dinner Mom looks incredibly delicious, and while it’s a bit more complicated than “just adding water” I promise, it’s worth it.
- I have to admit, I’ve never even tried to make clam chowder yet. But after seeing this recipe, for The Very Best Clam Chowder from Reluctant Entertainer, I can’t wait to try it.
- Sometimes those healthy soups end up just being a bunch of veggies in hot water. That’s no good. This Creamy Potato Soup is the total opposite of that! Creamy and delicious, you’ll forget real quick that it’s also healthy!
- There is just something so good about a big bowl of Broccoli Cheddar Soup and a crust piece of warm bread. You can’t beat it.
- Nothing will take you back to third grade like a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of Homemade Tomato Soup. Pinch of Yum has made it look so easy, you have got to try.
- Looking for a healthy, plant-based recipe that is still sooo delicious? Go with this Dairy-Free Hearty Tomato Soup. It’s made with coconut milk. So good!
- Creamy Zuppa Toscana is one of our FAVORITES, we use this recipe from Tastes Better from Scratch.
Freezer Friendly Soup Recipes
So we all agree that soup is delicious, but sometimes we don’t have the time for that. The best thing about soup, is that most soup recipes are good to freeze. NOT ALL, but most. The recipes in this list here, are the ones that freeze the best. Either freeze them before you cook anything, after you’ve cooked everything, but whenever you do it, it’s a good idea, and you’ll feel like a domestic goddess on the day you just have to heat something up and have a delicious meal in front of you.
- I love some good greek soup! This Greek Lemon Chicken Soup is so delicious fresh, but you won’t believe how well she freezes. Make an extra large batch and then stick it in the freezer for those days you’re too cold to do anything but use the microwave.
- How insanely delicious does this Coconut Curried Cauliflower Soup sound? Just the thing you need to spice up some of those chilly days. I am dying to try this one from The Endless Meal.
- This Sausage Spinach Tomato soup from New Leaf Wellness is one of those recipes you can dump into a ziploc and freeze until you need it the most. I love recipes like this to bring to friends or family members that are sick or have new babies, they can eat it straight away, or save it for a day they’ll need it more! it’s the best.
- This Autumn Chowder is Fall in a bowl. Thriving Home Blog can attest that it is easy to put together, easy to freeze, and still delicious through it all.
30 Minute Soup Recipes
Some soup recipes can take hours to blend all the delicious warm flavors together, and those are great, but we live in the real world. And in the real world we don’t have that kinda time. So these recipes are easy to throw together in 30 min or less, and they still taste just as delicious as those all day soups. Go ahead, just try and prove me wrong.
- Are you one of those people with a bunch of giant zucchinis from your garden that you don’t know what to do with now that it’s getting cold out? First, teach me your ways, cause I have a black thumb. Then make this Creamy Zucchini Soup from Garden and Table.
- Thai soup is what dreams are made of!!! This Coconut Curry Noodle Soup from the Woks of Life only takes 15 minutes to put together. It’s the best thing to distract you on nights when you’re so tired you just want to get take out. So. Delicious.
- I will Pho-evah be in love with Pho!! (please don’t hate me for that). This Easy Vegetarian Pho from Love and Lemons is so delicious, good for you, and so easy to put together.
- Didn’t I tell you I love Thai Soup? You should have expected I’d add three or four more, so here’s another one. This Easy Thai Shrimp Soup from Damn Delicious looks so amazing, and the best thing about shrimp? it cooks in seconds! No slaving over the stove for this one.
New Soup Recipes You Probably Haven’t Tried Before…
- You know how when you eat chicken cordon bleu, and you make that first cut, and all the cheese just oooozes out? Every bite of this Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup from Chef in Training is like that.
- I’m pretty sure I can already smell this Tumeric Pumpkin Soup with Coconut and Lime, I’m sure it’s gonna be hecka fragrant. You’re gonna love this soup recipe from Home Spun Capers.
- Ok, stay with me here, Pea and Mint Soup. I know, I know, these are unique recipes remember? Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it! This recipe from the BBC Food Recipes looks delicious comforting, and refreshing at the same time.
- This Lone Star Steakhouse Black Bean Soup from Top Secret Recipes looks so amazing and delicious, comforting and filling, and definitely different! Mix things up girl.
- This Cajun Sweet Potato Seafood Chowder from Foodie City Network looks like one of those soups you run out of way too quickly. Like the one your family gets into fights over. It’s a home-wreckin’ soup. I’m pretty sure.
Guys, soup is the best. It just is. Do you have a soup recipe you just can’t get away from because it’s hauntingly delicious but we missed it? please share in the comments!