Our family’s very favorite salad dressing! It is so good you might want to drink it, but instead just use it for salads all week long!
Well friends, salad season is officially upon us and it won’t be complete without my family’s very favorite salad dressing! I love this stuff because it can take virtually any salad to the next level, and have people asking for the recipe! Even better- it’s made with things you probably already have on hand in your pantry. So, next time you have to throw together a side for a bbq or gathering I bet between the fridge and the pantry you won’t even need to head to the store to make an epic salad everyone will love!
Mmm. It’s so good you guys! Also I should mention, a little goes a long way! So when dressing your salad start with less than you might think you will need and add more gradually as you toss if it needs more.
I mentioned already this homemade salad dressing could go on virtually any salad, but I like to start with mixed greens, crispy bacon, Swiss cheese and toasted sliced almonds, so that is what is pictured above! You can leave it at that, or go crazy adding red onion, dried cranberries, avocado, honestly anything that floats your boat!
You ready for the recipe?!
Family Favorite Salad Dressing
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup sugar or splenda
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 3 tsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together and serve over your favorite salad!
Family Favorite Salad Base
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 8 slices crispy bacon
- 4 oz swiss cheese shredded
- 2 oz toasted sliced almonds
- 1 avocado, sliced optional
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced optional
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries optional
- Put mixed greens into a large bowl and add other ingredients as desired! Dress right before serving and start with less than you think you will need, adding gradually if desired.
Happy salad eating friends!
Such an amazing way to make a salad perfect!