Calling all pecan lovers! If you love pecans, you are going to die over my Grandma’s pecan bars! Honestly, I’ve never met anyone who didn’t like them (even self professed nut-haters). And whats not to like? Light, flaky crust, ooey gooey filling, and crunchy pecans! It’s an award winning combo people. It has the flavors of pecan pie, but I actually prefer the bars! Plus, they are super easy to make and the recipe yields a ton. You won’t regret trying this one!
Grandma’s Pecan Bars
For the Crust
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBS sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 tsp salt
For the Filling
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light or dark corn syrup
- 3 TBS butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and grease your jelly roll pan.
- Beat flour, sugar, butter and salt in a large bowl until crumbly (mixture will be dry) and then press firmly into the bottom of your pan.
- Bake until light, golden brown, usually about 20 minutes.
- While crust bakes, prepare your filling by mixing all your remaining ingredients (except pecans) until well blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling over your baked layer and spread evenly.
- Bake until filling is set, or about 25 minutes.
- Once cool, cut into small squares and serve. Recipe yields about 70 bars.
Nothing like warm pecan bars on a cool fall night! Pecans are my favorite fall flavor (after pumpkin everything, of course). Do you associate certain foods and flavors with certain seasons, or is it just me?!
Mmmm! Happy Fall everyone!
The shortbread crust cracked everywhere. It was way too dry.
Grandma’s recipes are the best! These bars are fantastic!
Thank you so much!
Ohhh, these are the best!
I love recipes from Grandma. These look perfect.
They are always the best ones!
Classic recipes like this are the best especially when they are passed down from generation to generation! Absolutely love the filling in these bars!
Right? Those recipes are the best! So glad you loved them, thanks for letting us know!
They sound fairly simple to make. Both my Dad and my husband would really enjoy this, they both love pecans.
Try them out and let us know what you think!