Everybody needs a really good cookie bar recipe in their lives. Why? You may ask. Well, I will tell you why. Simply because when you need a good sugar fix and you need it fast and easy, cookie bars are almost always the answer. These loaded cookie bars are my absolute favorite cookie bar recipe! They are packed full of chunky goodness and you will not go a bite without delicious chocolate morsels. Plus, this recipe yields four dozen cookie bars! Great for bringing to parties, taking to neighbors, or freezing for later!
You may have guessed this from my above comment, but I like “chunks” in my cookies and brownies! The more nuts and chocolate chips the better! However, if you aren’t the same way, you can totally tone down those portions and these babies will still be delicious. My sister has a very serious peanut allergy, so growing up we would always leave out the nuts and they are still super yummy! But I prefer it all if possible!
You ready for the recipe?!
Loaded Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup m&m's
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a jelly-roll pan and set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a bosch or large mixing bowl. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well incorporated. Gradually add in flour, baking soda and salt and mix to combine. Finally add in nuts, m&m's and chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture into prepared jelly roll pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overcook.
So easy right?! I hope you get as much use out of this recipe as I have over the years!