Where are my peanut butter treat lovers at? I have something SPECIAL for you today! Lately I have been on a peanut butter dessert kick. It used to be that I just needed chocolate. Now I need pb with my chocolate. Anyway, let me tell you how this recipe came to be. I love magic cookie bars and want to make them all the time, but my husband does not like coconut. (Ugh, so unfortunate for him.) I decided to make half the batch the regular way and half without coconut but I realized that just the chocolate chips on top were going to make it look … weird. So I grabbed a bag of Reeses minis that I had in my baking cupboard and threw a bunch of them on. The result was fantastic.
The next week, I thought I had better try again to perfect the peanut butter magic bars because, well, I wanted them to exist. Then I made them two more times the next two weeks. I want you to know that I lovingly gained about 5 lbs developing this recipe. I hope you love it as much as I do!
What you are seeing here is graham cracker crust, covered with melted peanut butter. Then it’s layered with mini chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and Reeses minis. A little more peanut butter drizzled on top, for good measure. Have I used the word heavenly yet? They are heavenly.
I won’t bore you with more ‘story.’ Keep scrolling for the full recipe!
Make sure to pin this one for later!!
Peanut Butter Magic Bars
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted peanut butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reeses minis
- 1 tbsp melted peanut butter (for drizzling)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix melted butter, graham crackers and sugar together. Pack tightly into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup melted peanut butter over the graham mixture.
- Spread 1/2 of the mini chocolate chips over that. Then, drizzle sweetened condensed milk over that.
- Cover with the rest of the chocolate chips and the Reeses minis.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of melted peanut butter over everything. Rejoice! I love to pop these in the fridge - they are the best when they've been chilled!