This post has been sponsored by Truvia® . All thoughts and opinions are my own.
These low cal, Soft Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting have all the taste with only half the calories of a regular pumpkin cookie! Add these to your holiday baking list ASAP!
I’ve been trying to count macros lately, and I’m really loving it! It has been fun coming up with creative ways to curb my sweet tooth, and these soft pumpkin oatmeal cookies with cream cheese frosting are my new favorite!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
I used Truvia® Sweet CompleteTM All-Purpose Sweetener to make the cookies, and Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener to make the frosting which cut the calories WAY down. No one in my family could even tell a difference! I was so excited with how they turned out.
I found my Truvia products at my local Albertsons in the baking aisle. They even have a coupon right now on their mobile app! Make sure to check it out before you go.
You can see in this picture, the difference between Truvia® Sweet Complete™ and Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener. They are both sweetened with stevia and have zero calories per serving and measure cup-for-cup like sugar. You can use them in place of regular sugar or powdered sugar interchangeably.
Alright are you ready to get the details of these delicious recipes?
Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
First, let’s tackle the pumpkin oatmeal cookies. Honestly, they were delicious even without the frosting, so if you want to save yourself some time, they are fabulous as just the cookie alone.
First step: gather all your ingredients!
Top Left – Add pumpkin puree and melted butter in a medium-sized bowl.
Top Right – Whisk together and then add vanilla, spices and salt.
Bottom Left – Whisk until well incorporated.
Bottom Right – Add Truvia® Sweet CompleteTM and almond milk and stir together.
Top Left – Blend oats until flour consistency and add oat flour and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
Top Right – Add chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired. Chill dough 20 minutes.
Bottom Left – Scoop into twelve even balls on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
Bottom Right – Using clean fingers or a fork, flatten cookies and form into disk shapes. Bake at 350 for ten minutes, the center should still feel soft and a little underdone.
Here is the recipe card for the pumpkin oatmeal cookies in case you’d like to print it out.
If you try this recipe and like it, we would love for you to leave us a positive comment and review! They mean so much to us.
Low Cal Soft Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Cookie Sheet
- 1 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter Melted
- 2/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Truvia® Sweet CompleteTM All-Purpose Sweetener
- 1 Cup Oats Blended into Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 Tablespoons Mini Chocolate Chips
- 3 Tablespoons Walnuts Optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together your melted butter and your pumpkin puree. Stir in your vanilla, spices, and salt and mix until well combined.
- Add in milk and Truvia. Blend oats in blender until they make a fine powder. Add in oat flower and baking soda and mix into mixture.
- Add in walnuts and chocolate chips and chill dough in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop dough into 12 cookies. Use clean fingers to flatten cookies into flat round circles. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Centers of cookies will be soft.
- Any milk may be substituted for the almond milk.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for 7-10 days.
If you don’t care for frosting on your cookies, these babies are ready to enjoy as is!
Cream Cheese Frosting
Nothing is easier than this low-cal cream cheese frosting recipe! You ready for it?
All you do is grab all all your ingredients and beat them until well combined! Frost immediately. See below for recipe card.
Low Cal Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz Cream Cheese Low Fat
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 1/4 Cup Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and blend until well combined.
Well there you have it! A delicious, low calorie, pumpkin cookie with cream cheese frosting! Each cookie with frosting is only 103 calories, so you can definitely eat a few ;).
If you try out the Truvia® Confectioners Sweetener or the Truvia® Sweet Complete™ I’d love to hear your thoughts! Don’t forget to check your Albertson’s app for the coupon before you shop!
Happy fall my friends! I hope you have a great one!