I have been getting my pumpkin treat on lately. I can’t help myself. Judging from my Pinterest feed neither can anyone else so I don’t feel too bad. These pumpkin swirl brownies hit the spot. The best part is that I totally winged it and made it up, but it is a KEEPER. I took a basic Betty Crocker brownie mix and spiced it up to get my pumpkin fix in a brownie. These were so divine, I’m not kidding when I say I have never loved a brownie more in my life!
Pumpkin spiced things NEED chocolate with them to be their best. Who is with me?
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
- 1 box Betty Crocker brownie mix family size
- 2 eggs
- oil amt. on box directions
- water amt. on box directions
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 C oil
- 1 1/4 C pumpkin pureé
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Grease a 9x13 pan and dust with flour. Preheat oven to 350 F. Take out three medium sized bowls for mixing.
- Prepare brownie mix according to box directions.
- In second bowl: beat vanilla, sugar and eggs with a hand mixer until mixed well (1-2 minutes.)
- In third bowl: mix flour, salt and baking powder together. Pour into bowl two and beat together until mixed well. Now add pumpkin, oil and cinnamon. Beat until mixed.
- Pour half of chocolate mix into the bottom of your 9×13 pan. Next, pour half of pumpkin mixture on top of that. Repeat both.
- Swirl with a small spatula or butter knife until you get a marbled look.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean.
If you like this post, you may also like: