I don’t like spaghetti that much. I don’t really like pie either. But, I LOVE spaghetti pie! Go figure, eh? I had spaghetti pie for the first time when my wonderful mother-in-law brought it for me after my son Luke was born. This is her recipe and I promise you, you’ll love it.
One of our all time favorite easy family dinners, this spaghetti pie will please even the pickiest of eaters!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 handful spaghetti noodles
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs butter
- fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
- cottage cheese
- 1 large can spaghetti sauce
- Grease your pan (it doesn't have to be a pie tin, it can be a 8x8 pan, or whatever you have around.) And cook your spaghetti as the package dictates.
- While noodles are cooking, use a fork to scramble an egg in a large bowl. After noodles are cooked, drain them, and add them to your egg. Then add your butter and mix thoroughly. Next, add a handful of basil and a handful of Parmesan cheese (don't worry about being exact, it will taste good no matter what!) Add pepper to taste.
- Next, spray your pan and dump in your spaghetti mixture. Press noodles down with a fork, trying to compress your mixture.
- Add a layer of cottage cheese over your pie.
- Add a layer of spaghetti sauce over the top of your cottage cheese, (I use the Hunt's canned kind, best ever...) If you'd like sprinkle a little Parmesan as a garnish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. If you need to shorten the time, just up the temperature. Enjoy!
Store leftovers in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Calories: 34kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 34mg | Potassium: 8mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.1mg
This is the greatest dish to bring to a family with young kids, or any family! I also love how it doesn’t have meat. I am not a huge meat person to begin with, and I don’t feel like it has to be at every meal. That being said, you don’t even miss it in this meal because it is so hearty and delicious!
I hope you enjoy it!