I don’t like spaghetti that much. I don’t really like pie either. But, I LOVE spaghetti pie! Go figure, eh? I had spaghetti pie for the first time when my wonderful mother-in-law brought it for me after my son Luke was born. This is her recipe and I promise you, you’ll love it.
One of our all time favorite easy family dinners, this spaghetti pie will please even the pickiest of eaters!Print Pin Rate
- 1 handful spaghetti noodles
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs butter
- fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
- cottage cheese
- 1 large can spaghetti sauce
- Grease your pan (it doesn't have to be a pie tin, it can be a 8x8 pan, or whatever you have around.) And cook your spaghetti as the package dictates.
- While noodles are cooking, use a fork to scramble an egg in a large bowl. After noodles are cooked, drain them, and add them to your egg. Then add your butter and mix thoroughly. Next, add a handful of basil and a handful of Parmesan cheese (don't worry about being exact, it will taste good no matter what!) Add pepper to taste.
- Next, spray your pan and dump in your spaghetti mixture. Press noodles down with a fork, trying to compress your mixture.
- Add a layer of cottage cheese over your pie.
- Add a layer of spaghetti sauce over the top of your cottage cheese, (I use the Hunt's canned kind, best ever...) If you'd like sprinkle a little Parmesan as a garnish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. If you need to shorten the time, just up the temperature. Enjoy!
Store leftovers in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Calories: 34kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 34mg | Potassium: 8mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.1mg
This is the greatest dish to bring to a family with young kids, or any family! I also love how it doesn’t have meat. I am not a huge meat person to begin with, and I don’t feel like it has to be at every meal. That being said, you don’t even miss it in this meal because it is so hearty and delicious!
I hope you enjoy it!