Hearty meals are always a win in my book, but especially when I’m pregnant. I mean, please tell me I’m not the only one who eats a regular meal, and then is starving 45 minutes later. I am all about the protein and veggies lately because they actually fill me up. I made this roast a few weeks ago for our annual family Valentine’s day dinner and was totally reminded how much I love it. Any meal that takes less than five minutes to prep, can feed an army, tastes delicious, and the kids will eat is a major win in my book. I love my slow cooker, and this crock pot roast is definitely a family favorite.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 2 lb chuck roast
- 1.5 lbs golden potatoes pre-washed
- 1.5 cups baby carrots
- 1 yellow onion
- 21 oz cream of mushroom soup (2 small cans)
- 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
- salt and pepper
- Put your roast in the center of the crock pot and surround with carrots and potatoes (I just add them until the crock pot is getting full).
- Quarter your onion and toss in with other veggies.
- In a separate bowl, combine your cream of mushroom soup, two cans of water, and onion soup mix and whisk until combined.
- Pour gravy mixture over roast and veggies in crock pot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 5-7 hours or on low for 8-10 hours (or until roast shreds easily with fork).
Our Latest Videos
Well there you go, easy, hearty, and delicious!
P.S. If you liked this post you will love this easy chicken and stuffing bake, or these unique and delicious chicken crock-pot meals!