The best homemade chicken noodle soup is SO easy to make, it's ready in 30 minutes and it's no mess with just one pot!
You know how some foods are nostalgic? This homemade chicken noodle soup is one of those recipes for me. It's one that will warm-you-up on a cold day, make you happy when skies are gray, the only thing you crave when you are sick.
The Best Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
One taste of this creamy chicken noodle soup reaches into your very soul and makes everything better!
- Chicken, cooked and shredded
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Cream of Celery Soup
- Chicken Broth
- Evaporated Milk
- Garlic Powder
- No-Yolk Egg Noodles
You can use any pre-cooked, shredded chicken. My family often uses canned chicken, but we've made it with rotisserie chicken and baked chicken breasts as well. Use what you prefer.
How to Make Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep (5 Minutes)
- Shred pre-cooked chicken, or drain canned chicken.
- Chop carrots, celery, and onion.
Cook (30 Minutes)
- Add butter, broth, cream of chicken, cream of celery, and evaporated milk to a large pot.
- Pour in chopped carrots, chopped celery, chopped onion, and shredded chicken.
- Add seasonings. Bring soup to a boil and then turn the heat down to a simmer until the veggies are softened.
- Once veggies are soft, add egg noodles and simmer until they are al dente.
Often when I make this, I'm looking for comfort. When I want to do as little work as possible, I use canned chicken and buy pre-chopped veggies at the store. Literally, all you do is add all the ingredients into a big pot and stir... it's that easy.
If you love soup recipes as much as we do you will also want to try our homemade Zuppa Toscana, the best Lasagna Soup, the best White Chicken Chili recipe, or our yummy Broccoli Cheese Panera Copycat.
Homemade Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Cheers to the perfect creamy and delicious winter soup. I seriously could eat it every week. The recipe feeds a crowd too, so I always take some to my grandparents or feed a friend's family because it takes literally no extra effort and we still have plenty for ourselves.
If you make this recipe and enjoy it we'd love for you to leave us a positive rating and review, they mean so much to us.
The World’s Best Chicken Noodle Soup
- 5 14 oz Cans Chicken Broth
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 Can Evaporated Milk
- Chopped Onion Optional
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 12.5 oz Cans Chicken- Shredded
- Chopped Carrots
- Chopped Celery Optional
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Heaping ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Thyme Optional
- 1 Teaspoon Tarragon
- 1 Package No-Yolk Egg Noodles
- Add all ingredients except noodles to a large saucepan and stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat until until vegetables start to soften and then add in the noodles and cook until al dente.