Do you love sweet and salty treats? I do! These White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies with pretzels are easy, sweet & salty perfection.
Do you tend to make the same cookie recipe over and over, or do you like to change it up? I love trying new cookies and this one was a winner! Lately, pretzels paired with chocolate or white chocolate is my jam. You know Flipz? They’re like kryptonite. I can’t let myself have them in the house! Anyway, these cookies are so good. Better than Flipz, haha. The oatmeal cookie recipe is one I’ve used for years, I just made some adjustments to what I put in them. White chocolate chips? Check. Pretzels? Check. I think these would be amazing with chopped nuts, too. Next time!
I hope you will give this recipe a try. They’d be great on a Christmas cookie plate!
The Best Oatmeal Cookie Recipe:
White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pretzels
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 package White Chocolate Chips
- 24 Pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Add butter, shortening, white sugar and brown sugar to a bowl and beat with a hand mixer until incorporated.
- Add two eggs lightly beaten.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, oats and white chocolate chips. Mix together and then slowly beat the dry ingredients in with the butter, sugar and egg mixture.
- Scoop batter into 2-inch balls, and put them on a prepared cookie sheet. Lightly press a pretzel onto each ball of cookie dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies rest for a few minutes, and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
For more easy cookie recipes, check out: