Not only is this Cheeseburger Salad (or hamburger salad if you prefer) delicious, but it’s much healthier than it’s regular jumbo burger counterpart! All the enjoyment of a delicious cheeseburger, guilt free!
In order for me to eat healthy consistently, not only do my meals have to have variety, but they have to be delicious as well. My family loved this easy cheeseburger salad! It was a fun switch up, and will definitely be added into our rotation now!
So what is a cheeseburger salad you ask? It is all the deliciousness of a cheeseburger without the bun. Burger, bacon, cheese, onion, pickle, tomato, lettuce, and thousand island dressing to top it all off.
Another great thing about this recipe, is that it is really easy to customize. If you have someone who doesn’t eat cheese (we have two of those crazies) simply make it a hamburger salad! Don’t like pickle or onion? No problem, leave them off! You’d rather have ranch then thousand island? Knock yourself out.
We like to assemble all our ingredients in little bowls and then let my family assemble their own salads, bar style. I guarantee you will leave the dinner table full and happy.
I guarantee you’re not going to miss that bun one bit. But, if you do you can also add in some croutons as well!
You ready for the easy recipe? Let’s do this.
If you try this salad and like it, we’d love for you to leave us a positive comment and review. They mean so much to us!
Easy and Delicious Cheeseburger Salad
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce Chopped Small
- 4 Slices Bacon Crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 4 Pickles Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Pound Lean Ground Beef Cooked
- 4 TBSP Thousand Island Dressing
- Cook your ground beef and your bacon. Crumble bacon, and chop pickles, tomatoes, and onion.
- Wash and cut lettuce. I like to cut mine really thin so it's easier to eat and mix.
- Assemble your salads, and top with dressing. Enjoy!
- I like to use lower fat dressings and cheeses to save on calories. It will taste delicious either way.
For tips on how to cook perfectly seasoned ground beef, check out this post!
What do you think? Will cheeseburger salads be the next big hit at your house?