Healthy bowl recipes are my go to lately and these healthy buffalo chicken bowls cannot be beat!
If you love healthy bowl recipes then you will love these buffalo chicken bowls! Made with tons of veggies, shredded buffalo chicken, avocados and a light ranch dressing they are filling and delicious!
So ever since baby number three came around (about six weeks ago) I’ve been trying really hard to be more healthy. I hate dieting, counting calories etc. (who likes it?) So I’ve been working on just changing my lifestyle to a healthy, happy, state that I can maintain.
A huge aspect of making healthy eating maintainable for me is that food still has to be filling and taste good! These shredded buffalo chicken bowls manage both of those things, with flair! My sister gave me the recipe, and I have eaten them at least twice a week ever since.. guilt free!
Shredded Buffalo Chicken
This healthy crockpot buffalo chicken isn’t only delicious in this healthy bowl recipe! We love to eat our leftover shredded buffalo chicken on salads, sandwiches or tacos as well.
One of the best things about this recipe is that most all the carbs come from veggies! There is no rice or noodle base and guess what– you won’t even miss it! There’s a reason these healthy buffalo chicken bowls are one of our very most popular recipes and that’s because they are filling, healthy, and delicious!
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Bowls
- 2 cans corn
- 2 cans black beans
- 3 avocados
- a pint of cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of your favorite buffalo sauce I use Franks
- 1 TBS garlic minced
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 1 1/3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 TBS milk
- Cook chicken, garlic and hot sauce to slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. When chicken is cooked through, shred it and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl mix together your Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Dressing , Greek yogurt and milk and stick it in the fridge.
- Next, drain and rinse your corn and black beans and add them to a bowl. Rinse and half your cherry tomatoes and add them to the bowl as well. Lastly, dice your avocados and add them to the mix!
- Assemble your bowls by adding your veggie mixture, topping with chicken, and finishing them off with some healthy Greek yogurt ranch dressing (or whatever your favorite ranch dressing is).
Healthy Bowl Recipes
Mmm, my mouth is watering just looking at the pictures! There are so many delicious flavors in this buffalo chicken recipe, I guarantee it will leave your tummy not only full.. but happy!
Well, there you have it! I hope your family loves this dish as much as mine does!
Shop this Post: