This is ground beef seasoning recipe is perfect to use for freezer cooking or adding to easy dinners, like tacos, spaghetti, casseroles, chili, etc!
*This post contains affiliate links.
You guys, I have finally figured out the secret to cooking at home more often and not having it feel stressful for me. The secret is having delicious, seasoned ground beef cooked and ready to go! Ground beef is the base of so many easy dinner recipes and it’s inexpensive. Since I like to use it in so many different recipes, I season it enough that it tastes delicious alone but can also work in sauces and tacos and other easy dinner recipes.
Sometimes I buy 4-5 lbs at a time when I see it on sale at the grocery store. I season and cook the meat, let it cool, and then separate it into quart-sized plastic freezer bags. You can also use gallon-sized bags, but I like quart-sized because they hold about one pound of beef, which is the perfect amount for our family.
I think one of the secrets to getting a really good flavor is to sauté onions and garlic before adding the ground beef. It adds dimension and great flavor! Seriously… try this. I have decided that I think ground beef browns and tastes the best when cooked in a heavy pan like an iron skillet, so I recommend using one if you have it.
How to Cook Ground Beef
- Heat olive oil over medium-high.
- Add chopped onion to the pan and cook until tender.
- Next add ground beef, garlic, and seasonings. Stir.
- Continue to cook and stir for 15 minutes, or until beef is browned.
- Enjoy in tacos, in spaghetti sauce, chili, etc.
How to Freeze Ground Beef
- Let ground beef completely cool.
- Put beef into a freezer bag and lay it flat on the counter.
- Squeeze extra air out of the freezer bag and seal it tightly.
- Label the bag with a sharpie. (Don’t forget to date it.)
- Cooked ground beef can be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Here are some the items I use to cook with:
Try some of these super easy ground beef dinner recipes:
Ground Beef Seasoning
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Add oil to a heavy duty pan over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef and break up to distribute evenly in pan.
- Add onion, garlic and dry seasonings, stir.
- Continue to cook and stir for 15 minutes or until meat is browned.
- Enjoy in chili, tacos, pasta, lasagna, stroganoff - basically any easy dinner recipe!
Happy freezer stocking!!