Our Pumpkin Sheet Cake recipe will change your life. So quick to throw together, feeds a crowd, and has the perfect pumpkin flavor. Everyone will be asking for this pumpkin cake recipe.
It's officially fall and to celebrate I am sharing one of my absolute favorite pumpkin recipes. Honestly, this pumpkin sheet cake might be my top pumpkin slot.
Pumpkin Sheet Cake Recipe
It's hard to choose though, because we have a lot of top tier pumpkin recipes. My other front runners are definitely these pumpkin pancakes (on repeat for breakfast for dinner)! Our pumpkin roll cake is also a winner. Pumpkin butter is a fall must have, and pumpkin swirl brownies? Yes, please. Check out all of our pumpkin recipes.
Pumpkin Sheet Cake Ingredients
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- Cream Cheese
- Half and Half
- Powdered Sugar
But let's get back to the star of the show, shall we?
How to Make Pumpkin Sheet Cake
You are going to LOVE how easy this pumpkin sheet cake is to make. You literally use one bowl, a whisk, and the sheet pan... that's it. Here is a simple pictorial, or you can scroll down for the full video below.
Top Left - Add in melted butter and sugars.
Top Right - Add pumpkin, eggs and vanilla.
Bottom Left - Add in all your dry ingredients besides flour and stir thoroughly. Then add in flour.
Bottom Right - Pour batter into a greased sheet cake pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Top Left - Allow cake to cool before frosting.
Top Right - To make cream cheese frosting, be sure your cream cheese is softened. If it doesn't feel soft enough you can microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
Bottom Left - Add all ingredients to your bowl and whisk together until free of clumps and well blended.
Bottom Right - Once cake is sufficiently cooled, frost with a spatula.
Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting FAQ's
Let's address some frequently asked questions.
Can you make this pumpkin cake in a 9x13 pan?
Yes, you can. If doing so, to keep the same cake/frosting ratio you will need to half the recipe. Sheet cake is shorter than a typical 9x13 cake would be. If you are looking for a traditional 9x13 pumpkin cake check out our Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe or this yummy Chocolate Pumpkin Cake.
What are the dimensions of a sheet cake pan?
Is a sheet cake pan the same as a cookie sheet?
The main difference between these two pan types is the rim. Sheet pans and jelly roll pans both have a tall rim that's typically around an inch high, sometimes with a rolled edge. Baking sheets and cookie sheets usually have either no rim or one slightly higher edge.
Recipe Pumpkin Sheet Cake
If you make this recipe and enjoy it we would love for you to leave us a positive comment and review. They mean so much to us.
This post may use affiliate links.
The Best Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13x18 inch sheet pan.
- In a large bowl add melted butter, sugars and pumpkin puree and whisk until smooth and free of lumps. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk until combined. Finally, add in your flour and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into baking sheet and smooth evenly in pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool before frosting.
- Add all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk until combined and free of lumps. If needed you may microwave butter or cream cheese (only 30 seconds or less on cream cheese) to soften. If frosting is too thin add a little more powdered sugar and cream cheese. If too thick add one extra tablespoon of half and half at a time.
- Once cake is cool, frost and enjoy!
Three cheers for pumpkin season.