Our Pumpkin Sheet Cake recipe will change your life. So quick to throw together, feeds a crowd, and has the perfect pumpkin flavor. Everyone will be asking for this pumpkin cake recipe.
It’s officially fall and to celebrate I am sharing one of my absolute favorite pumpkin recipes. Honestly, this pumpkin sheet cake might be my top pumpkin slot.
It’s hard to choose though, because we have a lot of top tier pumpkin recipes. My other front runners are definitely these pumpkin pancakes (on repeat for breakfast for dinner)! Our pumpkin roll cake is also a winner. Pumpkin butter is a fall must have, and pumpkin swirl brownies? Yes, please. Check out all of our pumpkin recipes.
But let’s get back to the star of the show, shall we?
Pumpkin Sheet Cake
You are going to LOVE how easy this pumpkin sheet cake is to make. You literally use one bowl, a whisk, and the sheet pan… that’s it. Here is a simple pictorial, or you can scroll down for the full video below.
Top Left – Add in melted butter and sugars.
Top Right – Add pumpkin, eggs and vanilla.
Bottom Left – Add in all your dry ingredients besides flour and stir thoroughly. Then add in flour.
Bottom Right – Pour batter into a greased sheet cake pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Top Left – Allow cake to cool before frosting.
Top Right – To make cream cheese frosting, be sure your cream cheese is softened. If it doesn’t feel soft enough you can microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
Bottom Left – Add all ingredients to your bowl and whisk together until free of clumps and well blended.
Bottom Right – Once cake is sufficiently cooled, frost with a spatula.
Let’s address some frequently asked questions.
Can you make this pumpkin cake in a 9×13 pan? Yes, you can. If doing so, to keep the same cake/frosting ratio you will need to half the recipe. Sheet cake is shorter than a typical 9×13 cake would be. If you are looking for a traditional 9×13 pumpkin cake check out our Pumpkin Dump Cake recipe or this yummy Chocolate Pumpkin Cake.
What are the dimensions of a sheet cake pan? A full sheet cake pan is 26×18 inches, and a half sheet pan is 18×13. For this recipe we use a half sheet pan. Here is a great one if you need it.
Is a sheet cake pan the same as a cookie sheet? The main difference between these two pan types is the rim. Sheet pans and jelly roll pans both have a tall rim that’s typically around an inch high, sometimes with a rolled edge. Baking sheets and cookie sheets usually have either no rim or one slightly higher edge.
Pumpkin Sheet Cake Recipe
If you make this recipe and enjoy it we would love for you to leave us a positive comment and review. They mean so much to us.
This post may use affiliate links.
The Best Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 15 Ounce Can Pumpkin
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 1/4 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 5 Tablespoons Half and Half
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar Give or Take
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13x18 inch sheet pan.
- In a large bowl add melted butter, sugars and pumpkin puree and whisk until smooth and free of lumps. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk until combined. Finally, add in your flour and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into baking sheet and smooth evenly in pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool before frosting.
- Add all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk until combined and free of lumps. If needed you may microwave butter or cream cheese (only 30 seconds or less on cream cheese) to soften. If frosting is too thin add a little more powdered sugar and cream cheese. If too thick add one extra tablespoon of half and half at a time.
- Once cake is cool, frost and enjoy!
Three cheers for pumpkin season.
Can I make pumpkin roll out of this recipe? If so how?
No, but we do have another pumpkin roll recipe on the site, here is the link: https://prettyprovidence.com/pumpkin-roll-cake/
Sooo yummy and so easy! Loved it!!
Thanks so much, we love to hear that!
Yum! I needed something to take to our office party and this turned out to be a HIT! Thank you!
I’m so glad! Thanks Jessica
What an amazing pumpkin cake. I will definitely be making this again in the fall.
Yay, I’m so glad you enjoyed it.