When you’re used to living on a budget you are also used to shopping what’s on sale. Typically, this means we don’t eat a lot of steaks :). I try to mix it up a bit for the husband though, so we don’t eat chicken every single night. There are a few cuts of meat that you can usually get for decently cheap. One of these is “stew meat” or beef cut up into small chunks. Using a crock-pot is the absolute best way to tenderize cheap cuts of meat. I whipped up this recipe one night when I needed a quick dinner and now it’s one of our staples.
Easy Beef and Gravy Over Noodles
- 1 package stew meat size can vary
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 can mushrooms
- 1 small onion chopped small optional
- 1 bag of your favorite noodles
- Add all ingredients (except noodles) to slow cooker (I put my meat in frozen) and cook on low all day.
- If you check the meat after 6-8 hours and it's fall apart soft, simply switch the crock-pot to warm until you're ready to eat.
- Serve over noodles and enjoy!
If you liked this post check out these other popular dinner ideas: Shredded Chicken Tacos , Spaghetti Pie, Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken, My Creamy Chicken Enchiladas or these 25 Delicious Recipes using Rhodes Roll dough!