I am obsessed with Disneyland. I mean really, who isn’t? It honestly is like a little piece of heaven on earth, from the characters to the atmosphere to the rides and of course the FOOD! I am so excited because today I’ve teamed up with a bunch of my friends and Get Away Today to bring you a round up of our favorite Disney foods, plus a chance to win your own Southern California giveaway!
It was hard to pick a favorite Disney recipe (there are so many good ones!) but I finally ended up going with the frozen chocolate covered bananas! They are just SO GOOD. The funny thing is, I don’t honestly love bananas normally, but when they are frozen they taste just like ice cream only BONUS they are healthier! Haha. Not only that but they are super fun and easy to make! You ready for the recipe?
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
- 32 oz chocolate melts
- 8 ripe bananas
- assorted toppings
- 8-16 skewers or popsicle sticks
- wax paper
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Peel ripe bananas and insert stick into the middle leaving enough to hold onto. Lay skewered bananas on wax paper and freeze for 2-3 hours or until hardened.
- Melt chocolate. I like to use a tall skinny cup to melt the chocolate and dip the bananas. Dip your first banana and lay in on the wax paper and then immediately sprinkle with desired topping. Chocolate melts will harden quickly against frozen bananas so each banana needs to be done individually.
- Repeat with all bananas. Serve immediately or return to freezer! I save my leftovers in freezer ziplock bags.
Want a close up of some yummy topping ideas? I did oreos, coconut, walnuts, white chocolate and colored sprinkles, but the world is your oyster!
They all turned out so yummy, but if I had to pick a favorite it would have to be the Oreo or the walnut covered bananas!
Okay are you guys ready for the giveaway info and links to all the other awesome Disney recipes?! Here ya go!
Now that you’ve seen how I make my favorite Disneyland treat at home check out how a few of my blog buddies make their favorites too!
Hand Dipped Corndogs from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
Clam Chowder Bread Bowl from Kleinworth & Co.
Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Treats from Tastefully Frugal
Monte Cristo Sandwich from See Lindsay
Churro Funnel Cake from Artsy Fartsy Mama
Pumpkin Mickey Mouse Beignets from Clarks Condensed
BLT Waffle Fries from Old House To New Home
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches from Love To Be In The Kitchen
Carrot Cake Cookies from Cupcake Diaries
Caramel S’mores from My Latina Table
Mickey Marshmallow Wand from Liz On Call
Dole Whip Popsicles from Bite Of Delight
Dole Whips from Girl Loves Glam
Mint Julep Slush from As The Bunny Hops
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas from Pretty Providence
Mickey Mouse Cake Pops from Play Party Plan
Mac’n’Cheese Pizza from Over The Big Moon
Mickey Mouse Beignets from Housewife Eclectic
AND enter to win a chance to try all these tasty treats in person at Disneyland yourself! One lucky winner will receive:
- 4 Day/3 Night Hotel Stay in Anaheim or San Diego (winner’s choice)
- 2 Adult and 2 Kids Tickets to TWO Southern California Parks (winner’s choice)
Giveaway is sponsored by Get Away Today. Open to US Residents only. Giveaway will run from Friday, April 7th to Friday, April 14th. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond.
If you don’t win and still want to book a vacation through Get Away Today use code PrettyP for $10 off!
Good luck friends, and happy eating!