Try these Healthy Breakfast Cookies full of good ingredients like oats, zucchini, applesauce and pecans! They are perfect to keep in the freezer for quick on-the-go breakfasts and the whole family will love them!
Breakfast, the most important meal of the day. I like the burst of energy I get as soon as I have eaten in the morning! So, I like to have some easy breakfasts on hand so that we never have to skip it even if we’re low on time. Aside from these cookies, we keep these Healthy Egg Muffins in our freezer, as well as ingredients for our favorite Spinach Berry Smoothie so we are never out of breakfast ideas!
This breakfast cookies recipe makes a huge batch (about 5 dozen cookies) and they are perfect to keep in the freezer. Since they have a good amount of protein and fiber in them, they will keep you feeling full for quite a while after!
Too much Zucchini?
I am familiar with this problem! My mom used to always have tons of Zucchini growing in her garden in the late summer.
If you’re looking for Zucchini recipes to use up some from your garden, you should also try this Lemon Zucchini Bread, Spiralized Greek Salad (light, fresh and tasty!) or make these amazing Zucchini Chips with Lemon Dill Aioli!
Zucchini Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
What makes these breakfast cookies good:
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make Oatmeal Zucchini Breakfast Cookies
How to Freeze Cookies:
Once cookies are completely cooled, put them in a gallon-sized ziplock bag in a single layer.
Remove all excess air from the bag and seal tightly.
Freeze. These breakfast cookies will last in the freezer for up to 3 months if the bag is sealed.
If you try this recipe we’d love if you could leave a comment and positive review! They mean a lot to us. We also love to see what you’re making – tag us on instagram @prettyprovidenceblog!
Oatmeal Zucchini Breakfast Cookies
- Hand Mixer
- Cookie Sheets
- Cookie Scoop (optional)
- ½ Cup Butter softened
- 1 ½ Cup Brown Sugar lightly packed
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Cups Flour whole wheat flour can be used
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 ½ Cup Applesauce
- 2 Cups Grated Zucchini
- 5 ½ Cups Oats old fashioned or quick oats
- 2 Eggs
- 4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Chopped Pecans
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add applesauce, eggs and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients, and add to mixture in 3 stages, mixing just until blended, then add zucchini.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded scoops of dough onto lightly greased cookie sheets, spacing them about an inch or two apart. They're not going to spread much so they don't need a lot of room.
- Bake for 16 - 18 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and cool on the sheets for 2-3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Once cookies are completely cooled, place in a single layer in ziplock bags and remove excess air from bag before sealing.
- These cookies will last a month or two in your freezer if your bag is sealed well.
This recipe was originally published in 2013 and has been updated with new photos and more detailed instructions.
I had high hopes for this recipe and it totally delivered! My entire family loved them! THANK YOU!
These are so good! My husband took them to work for breakfast one day, and his co-workers loved them too! The big batch of cookies I thought I was going to be able to save? Gone in two days! So good!
They were delicious and cookies for breakfast don’t mind if do!
Such a great idea adding zucchini to these cookies, I’m looking forward to making these for my family!
These look so delicious and I don’t feel bad eating a cookie for breakfast when I know it’s full of ingredients that are good for you! These are going to be a great help when we are back in a crazy schedule!
Cookies for breakfast?? Yes! Zucchini is so yummy in cookies. I love these! And being able to freeze what you don’t immediately want us so convenient.