This Jalapeño Ranch Burger is so good! The combination of angus beef patty, topped with melty cheese, creamy jalapeño ranch, and sliced jalapeño peppers is actual perfection!
I can’t decide if it’s a blessing or a curse, but I do not like traditional burger toppings. When faced with them, I often opt for just a plain cheeseburger. I know, so boring?!
So when I can, I always always go for a burger with avocado or guacamole on it. Add some melty cheese and creamy Jalapeño Ranch – best burger ever! You need to experience this delicious combination. We also love to make these Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Chimchurri Sauce and The Best Ever Pasta Salad when we’re BBQ-ing!
How to Make a Jalapeño Ranch Burger
- Season beef patty and grill until it’s cooked through or to desired done-ness.
- Just before the burger is done, add cheese and allow it to melt.
- Butter brioche bun, and toast it for a minute or two on the grill.
- Top cheeseburger with Jalapeño Ranch dip, onions, avocado, Jalapeño slices, and lettuce.
I strongly believe that you need a good quality burger patty and bun in order to make a great burger. It doesn’t matter what you put on top of it, a patty made with low quality meat is not going to taste good!
Pro Tips :
Season hamburger patty with seasoning salt before grilling.
My personal favorite hamburger bun is brioche.
For a milder Jalapeño flavor, peel the seeds and ribs out of the pepper before adding them to your burger.
Try to tell me you aren’t craving a burger now…
We love to serve this burger with our Favorite Green Salad and grilled veggies! Here is the recipe for Jalapeño Ranch, which is also amazing as a dip served with tortilla chips! Make sure you check out all of our favorite summer recipes.
If you like this recipe we would love if you took the time to leave a comment and positive review!
Jalapeño Ranch Burger
- 1 angus beef patty
- 1 slice Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/4 avocado thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp jalapeño ranch
- jalapeño slices optional
- lettuce optional
- 1 brioche bun
- Grill burger over charcoal (or however you like to grill) to your liking.
- While the burger is grilling, butter hamburger buns and slice cheese.
- Slice avocado and slice jalapeño. Remove seeds.
- When the burger comes off the grill, add a slice of cheese to the top of it. Throw your bun on the grill for 2 minutes or so, so it gets a little toasted.
- Layer the burger with now melty cheese, jalapeños, avocado and lettuce. Then top with Jalapeño ranch and crispy fried Jalapeños (if using.)
- Enjoy your Jalapeño Ranch Burger with fries, chips, or grilled veggies!
We found these amazing crispy fried Jalapeños recently (like fried onions but Jalapeño) and it turns out they are amazing on top of burgers. They really are! They have a kick to them though, so go easy on them if you are sensitive to spicy foods. The same goes for regular Jalapeños.
See, you can totally make a fun, restaurant quality burger at home. I really hope you will try this!
This post was originally published August 14, 2017 and has been updated.