If you love pumpkin everything, you’ve got to try this creamy Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate. A 10 minute recipe that is perfect for crisp fall days!
It’s finally that time of year when my craving for everything pumpkin can be satisfied. From Classic Pumpkin Cookies to Pumpkin Swirl Brownies and my favorite, Pumpkin Butter! However this year I have a new baby girl who is attached at the hip 24/7 so cooking and baking all day isn’t an option.
*This post contains affiliate links.
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
I was determined to find a quick, easy and tasty recipe that not only I would love but that the whole family could enjoy too. This Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate definitely does the trick.
My boys love hot chocolate, I love pumpkin spice and who doesn’t love marshmallows and whipped cream?! All four pair perfectly in this 10 minute recipe that is perfect for when you need that pumpkin fix!
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- Chocolate Chips
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Marshmallows (optional)
- Whipped Cream (not optional)
I use milk chocolate chips because that’s what we always have in the pantry. My favorite are Guittard. Use whatever you like! Semi-sweet chocolate chips work great. I’ve also modified my White Hot Chocolate to make that pumpkin spice too. (Just add 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice while warming, it’s so good!)
Heat milk over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Add chocolate chips and whisk until completely melted. (Photo 1)
Add pumpkin pie spice and vanilla, whisk until incorporated. (Photo 2)
Pour into mugs and enjoy!
- Use a whisk to stir for best results.
- If you don’t want your whipped cream to melt into your hot chocolate right away, put the marshmallows in first and then your whipped cream. My oldest discovered if you do this your whipped cream lasts much longer!
- Sprinkle a little extra pumpkin pie spice on top of the whipped cream. It takes the hot chocolate to the next level!
If you try this recipe and enjoy it, we would love for you to come back and leave us a positive review!
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice plus additional for sprinkling
- marshmallows optional
- whipped cream optional
- Heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat stirring occasionally until hot, but not boiling (between 3-5 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in chocolate chips.
- Stir continuously until chocolate chips are melted.
- Stir in vanilla and pumpkin spice.
- Pour into mugs and top with marshmallows, whipped cream and sprinkle pumpkin spice on top.
Recipe by Sydney of Tastefully Frugal
Do you love pumpkin spice as much as I do? What are your favorite pumpkin recipes?
This recipe was originally published in November 2016 and has been updated with new photos and more detailed information.