You know those days where you’re too busy to think about dinner and by the time you do it’s too late to even use a freezer meal? This meatball stroganoff will save the day! You can literally throw three ingredients into your slow cooker at 2:30 pm and have dinner ready at 5:00! It’s semi-homemade, easy and tasty – comfort food at it’s finest.
In the past couple of months I’ve tried a bunch of variations of beef stroganoff because I was craving it, but I really wanted a staple recipe that was quick and easy. This is the one I’ve landed on after combining a few others and I’m really happy with it. I use our favorite freezer meatballs to make it. It’s good to have one dinner in the rotation that isn’t some variation of tacos or quesadillas. Not that there is anything wrong with those things! We just eat Mexican 5-ish days a week. Change is good sometimes!
Also, you should know there are no mushrooms in my recipe other than the ones in the soup. I’m not a fan of mushrooms! You can add them if you want though… just throw them into the bottom of the slow cooker before you pour the soup in!
Slow Cooker Meatball Stroganoff
- 1 lb frozen meatballs homestyle
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup low sodium
- 1 can cream of chicken soup low sodium
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- egg noodles
- Add soups and frozen meatballs to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3.5 hours.
- While the meatballs and soups cool, cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Add sour cream to slow cooker and mix everything thoroughly.
- Serve stroganoff and meatballs on top of egg noodles. Dinner is served!