Hey guys! I am SO excited about today’s recipe post! You probably know that I am a HUGE fan of pasta salad. It’s a favorite for me all year round, but especially in the summer! About a month ago I was craving a yummy pasta salad, but none of my regular go-to’s were calling out to me (thanks, pregnancy)! So I kind of invented this one based on what sounded good at the time and it has become a family favorite! I’ve made it several times since and everyone always gobbles it up and asks for seconds.
I also love to make a big batch and make a batch of dressing and then store them separately in my fridge and eat off of them all week for lunches! When doing this, I add a tiny bit of dressing to the salad and toss it just to let the flavors combine and keep the noodles from getting hard, but not enough to let the noodles get soggy!
Mmmm! You gotta love a salad that is packed with veggies and tons of yummy flavors! The combination in this salad is so fresh and light I can’t help that it reminds me of summer. It will be the perfect accompanyment to all your summer bbq’s this season! You ready for the recipe?!
Summer Pasta Salad
- 1 lb rotini pasta cooked al dente
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved, lengthwise
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 cup black olives sliced
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup oil olive or vegetable will work
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- For the dressing: Blend together oil, mayo, vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt, black pepper, dry mustard, and italian seasoning until combined and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, drain, and add to a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to pasta bowl and toss to combine. Add a little dressing and stir to barely coat. Add the rest of the dressing (to desired taste) right before serving.
Mmm! Now I need a big bowl right now! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
P.S. If you need to add the perfect drink recipe to your summer bucket list, check out the world’s best cherry limeade! It honestly cannot be beat.. and it’s so easy!
Spiralized Greek Salad