These Sweet and Spicy Ribs are made in the slow cooker so you know they will be fall-off-the-bone tender. The sweet and spicy barbecue sauce makes them even better.
Well hello there! It’s Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box with a recipe you can make any time of the year. Do you have a slow cooker? I hope so because it’s one of the best things you can own. A friend of mine had eight kids (she now has 10) and didn’t own a slow cooker. Can you even understand that? I told her she needed to get one stat because with that many mouths to feed, she NEEDED a slow cooker in her life. The best part besides it cooking dinner for you is that you can use it all year long. So make sure to get one if you don’t own one already. Now onto the recipe! If you watch for sales on the ribs, you can stock up and freeze them to make recipes like this later.
Our Latest Videos
Sweet and Spicy Ribs
- 6 lbs pork or beef back ribs cut into 2 or 3 rib portions
- 5 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup honey or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- Stir together the barbecue sauce, brown sugar or honey, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder in a medium bowl. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture for dipping sauce in the refrigerator.
- Place ribs in a large slow cooker. Pour sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Uncover and remove ribs. Skim fat from sauce. Serve with reserved sauce.