Does anyone else have a hard time coming up with meals that the whole family will love? From the picky eaters to the grown adults and everyone in between?! Well, get excited, because this recipe is one of those rare meals that everyone loves! It is super easy to throw together, filling, and delicious! Plus, it is also one of those amazing recipes whose leftovers taste just as good (maybe even better?) as it does fresh from the oven! A real unicorn here folks ;).
Basically, if you can brown hamburger than you can make this recipe! Haha. All you do is cook the hamburger, mix it in a yummy sauce, and then layer a 9×13 pan with tots, then meat mixture, then cheese and repeat! If you have a young daughter or son who wants to learn to cook and help with family meals, this would be a great recipe to start them on! Super easy to make, but so fulfilling for them when everyone gobbles it right up and asks for seconds! Haha.
Here is a look at what it looks like all layered up and ready to pop into the oven! You ready for the super easy recipe?!
Tater Tot Casserole
- 2 lb bag frozen tater tots
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground beef browned
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 oz real bacon bits
- Brown hamburger, drain, and add to a medium sized bowl.
- Add mushroom soup, sour cream, and bacon bits to hamburger and stir to combine.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray, and layer with tater tots, meat mixture, and cheese. Then repeat all layers.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted! Enjoy!
Mmm! If you try it out I’d love to hear your thoughts below in the comments! Good luck!